News   Jul 16, 2024
 82     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 832     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 962     1 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

Just heard on CityTV that John Tory is open to the idea of ranked ballots.

I really do like how JT is open to these ideas. Most politicians feel like they have to have immediate kneejerk reactions when a new idea is brought up to appease their base. JT appears willing to consider new ideas.

He had an election to win ... following someone like Ford, you can't get away without the talk of cuts and what not, he did what he had to do, and he still is, this 2% efficiency, oh but unlike Ford this will be "real" efficiency ... sure / right ... whatever. But I still applaud him, this is what he needs to do to keep enough of the Ford folks on his side, which will be required next election, after enough time this sort of "there is over spending everywhere" feeling will dissipate and things can go back to the norm.

He had an election to win ... following someone like Ford, you can't get away without the talk of cuts and what not, he did what he had to do, and he still is, this 2% efficiency, oh but unlike Ford this will be "real" efficiency ... sure / right ... whatever. But I still applaud him, this is what he needs to do to keep enough of the Ford folks on his side, which will be required next election, after enough time this sort of "there is over spending everywhere" feeling will dissipate and things can go back to the norm.

This feeling has existed long before the Ford bros. The Frauds just exposed it.

They need to restore the Vehicle Registration Tax - the idea that any driver in Toronto "can't afford" $5 a month is ridiculous. Or bring in a congestion charge or tolls. We should make transit cheaper and driving more expensive.

As a daily driver, I say +1!

I wonder what people did with that extra 60 dollars? I think I spent it at the pub, really.

Back