News   Jul 16, 2024
 273     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 485     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 607     2 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

Well too bad for all these projects because apparently a new French language university was a bigger priority of the previous provincial government.

Oh sorry this isn't the provincial politics thread. I feel like I still want to make this point about political priorities.
The Liberals had hundreds of announcement pending so they could focus on whichever was the issue of the day.
HSR is you need votes from London, Hydrogen trains to get Green vote., etc.
A lot of effort was needed for this, which prevented most files from progressing very far.

(mostly) Same old crew back as Mayor Tory announces his appointments:

Statutory Deputy Mayor: Denzil-Minnan-Wong
Deputy Mayor - Housing: Anna Bailao
Deputy Mayor - Jobs: Michael Thompson
Deputy Mayor - Governance: Stephen Holyday

TTC Chair; Jaye Robinson

Ctte Chairs;

Infrastructure: James Pasternak
Governance: Paul Ainslie
Eco. Dev: Michael Thompson

Budget Chair: Gary Crawford

Poverty Reduction Advocate: Anthony Perruzza

Incredibly disappointing that Tory has chosen to shut out downtown councilors from his inner circle.

Looks like he's gearing up for the possibility that this may not be his last term.

(mostly) Same old crew back as Mayor Tory announces his appointments:

Statutory Deputy Mayor: Denzil-Minnan-Wong
Deputy Mayor - Housing: Anna Bailao
Deputy Mayor - Jobs: Michael Thompson
Deputy Mayor - Governance: Stephen Holyday

TTC Chair; Jaye Robinson

Ctte Chairs;

Infrastructure: James Pasternak
Governance: Paul Ainslie
Eco. Dev: Michael Thompson

Budget Chair: Gary Crawford

Poverty Reduction Advocate: Anthony Perruzza
How he thought choosing Bozo the Clown as his 2nd in command is really beyond me. Then he doubled down on that decision by making Holyday another one his deputies. I'm actually dumbfounded.

What a crock of shit. We're paying billions (and will continue to pay out the nose in maintenance costs) because the Fords insisted that Scarborough was entitled to a Subway simply so they could create suburban/urban divisiveness on council. Lets also not forget that Ford wanted to bury the entirety of the Eglinton Crosstown, which would've added billions to the cost of that as well. All so they could call it a subway, and all because they have some f-ed up belief that downtown subways are used mainly by people downtown.

That's correct. Ford's plan would've eaten up the entire transit budget.

This is the 3rd consecutive term we've had a 'Conservative' mayor, and there's a decent possibility no new major transit projects get off the ground.

It just keeps getting better:

Michael Ford and Frances Nunziata are now on the Toronto Police Services Board

Now i'm sincerely starting to wonder if we have yet another mayor who's on some illicit drugs again. The Police Board is going to be a comedic joke.

It just keeps getting better:

Michael Ford and Frances Nunziata are now on the Toronto Police Services Board

Now i'm sincerely starting to wonder if we have yet another mayor who's on some illicit drugs again. The Police Board is going to be a comedic joke.

Any Ford family member and the Toronto Police Services don't mix very well for the citizens of Toronto.

If Michael Ford brings penny-pinching to the table his appointment might not be so bad for Toronto Police Services?
That's not even the problem. The main issue is that he's so unaware of how the police structure works in this city, so he's really one of the last councillors who should even be considered for that kind of position.

Just watch when the new board meets for it's first couple of meetings and you'll see exactly what i'm referring to.

He has to be on some committee. I don’t know which one best suits his skills and abilities.

How he thought choosing Bozo the Clown as his 2nd in command is really beyond me. Then he doubled down on that decision by making Holyday another one his deputies. I'm actually dumbfounded.
How dare Tory pick two of the most effective conservative councilors to important positions!!!

I do not approve of Denzil M-W on many levels but he has a reputation as a man who gets things done (not things I want, of course!) - making him Deputy Mayor is understandable. Holyday is another matter!

Last edited:

Back