News   Jul 15, 2024
 282     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 460     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 550     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

Forget Kanye West and the Toronto Sign, read this instead.

On the police file, if nothing else, Royson James has come out swinging. Nothing but contempt for John Tory's cushy relations with the Toronto Police Association, by way of Nick Kouvalis, Andy Pringle and Bill Blair, seeking to maintain racist policies and discouraging much-needed change.

Toronto Star: How a triumvirate took over policing in Toronto: James

When you're mayor of a big city, it's a gaffe not to know about famous people in the public spotlight.

In the grand scheme of things, this is hardly a gaffe. I'd rather have the mayor not knowing who they are than that Fraud-Deadrodent5 episode.

re: Kouvalis - he is clearly our Karl Rove.

AoD

Last edited:
In the grand scheme of things, this is hardly a gaffe. I'd rather have the mayor not knowing who they are than that the Fraud-Deadrodent5 episode.

The mayor of a leading international city and the cultural centre of Canada should know the biggest names in the entertainment industry. I'd say he should also be familiar with prominent business leaders, other politicians and major spiritual leaders. This gaffe isn't that serious, but I have standards for the mayor of Toronto that I'm not going to let go of. It's also disrespectful to these accomplished artists for certain commentators here to say 'I'm impressed he doesn't know who they are'.

The mayor of a leading international city and the cultural centre of Canada should know the biggest names in the entertainment industry. I'd say he should also be familiar with prominent business leaders, other politicians and major spiritual leaders. This gaffe isn't that serious, but I have standards for the mayor of Toronto that I'm not going to let go of. It's also disrespectful to these accomplished artists for certain commentators here to say 'I'm impressed he doesn't know who they are'.

Not really - I couldn't care less about whether he knows who Kanye West is - what I do care about is how he handled that lack of knowledge in front of the media. He is representing the city and he did fine so far.

AoD

Seriously? This is a priority to you?

This is the mayor of Toronto, not the next Much Music VJ. Perhaps tuning into E Talk Canada would be a little more interesting to you than politics?

I want my city to be a leader in the culture and entertainment industries, so it's very important. To me, ignorance isn't something to be proud of or make excuses for. John Tory admitted his mistake and poked fun at himself with that endearing Twitter video. He's a class act. We both know that that kind of ignorance is unacceptable at this level.

John Tory comes into his city hall office after 7:00 AM. That's in the morning. He actually works in his office. Doesn't end up on the news for something other than work:

John Tory may know the entertainers' name and music, but not his complete background. For background information, that's why he has staff for .

Back