News   Jul 15, 2024
 447     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 560     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 2K     1 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

Last edited:
I was listening to John Oakley's radio show. His listeners seem to dislike Tory as mayor ever more than those on the left do! Straight up vicious comments because he reversed his stance on carding.

Well, y'know how Neil Flagg and his minions have taken to attacking him as "John Liberal"...

I was listening to John Oakley's radio show. His listeners seem to dislike Tory as mayor ever more than those on the left do! Straight up vicious comments because he reversed his stance on carding.
Good grief ... I never listen to these shows (can't think of a more unpleasant way to start the day). So I guess John Tory doesn't get the racist vote again next time ...

On Metro Morning Matt Galloway asked if Tory was actively trying to silence Jennifer Keesmaat and the Planning office, to which Tory did not provide an affirmative answer. Are there rumblings that this is the case?

Last edited:
Good grief ... I never listen to these shows (can't think of a more unpleasant way to start the day). So I guess John Tory doesn't get the racist vote again next time ...

I usually listen to Galloway but wanted to hear what the am 640 crowd was saying. According to one caller, Tory reversing his position on carding makes him an empty suit and Pam McConnell the de facto mayor.

On Metro Morning Matt Galloway asked if Tory was actively trying to silence Jennifer Keesmaat and the Planning office, to which Tory did not provide an affirmative answer. Are there rumblings that this is the case?

See Tigermaster's post in the Gardiner thread. Looks like something out of Harper's playbook.

So apparently all media request to speak with our chief planner Jennifer Keesmatt must go through the mayors office for approval. This is certainly a move by Tory to muzzle Keesmatt, as she's refused to endorse his preferred options.

David Rider‏@dmrider
@JohnTory, I think, tacitly confirmed what we have heard - media requests to @jen_keesmaat now go to mayor's office.

Has it actually been confirmed though? As of this morning, shes still tweeting away like nothing has changed. No sign of any muzzling on social media.

Back