News   May 01, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   May 01, 2024
 385     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 370     0 

Markham Place Condos (VHL Developments) - Real Estate -

I left before it was finished...as u said, it was boring. Furthermore, I was embarrassed when she was telling us how to dispose garbage. That was the turning point. BTW, the invitation letter to the information session was written with VHL letterhead and signed by Van Lapoyan, the president of VHL. Any ways it is not a big deal for me, but it does not add to their good image.

Last edited:
Hey Gargamel,
I was at the orientation as well. The lack of refreshments didn't bother me(I wouldn't have eaten it anyways) but they DID promise it. **Keep in mind that orientation represented the property management not the builder.** That lady was EXTREMELY boring and what made it worse was that everything she said was in the handout, there was no need to listen to her read it verbatim for 90mins. There should've been more focus on the Q&A period. I stayed behind and that's where I learnt the most. Did you stay behind to ask questions?

I must say I've had a pleasant experience with the customer service staff thus far, they've been very accomodating. This is my first purchase so I really have nothing to compare it to expect what I read on the forum. Its possible that b/c I did some reading on the ins&outs of buying condo properties I knew what to expect and made specific demands to avoid pitfalls.

As far as the quality of build I'll reserve my judgement for the PDI. I'll keep you informed.

Hello Harsh,

How was the PDI? any updates, news?

Hello, finally setteld in and settled down I've been really busy...

PDI went well more spacious than what I expected they kept to spec or was over a few inches which was great. I was concerned about my colour layout considering there was a lack of a studio to see how colours would match but the dark brown laminate and cabinets with the kashmere granite looks good.

Here's the bad part...the workmenship.
whoever was in charge of laying the ceramic floor tiles and the tub tiles needs to be reprimanded.
- gaps in flooring under door frame corners and uneven tubsurround. I'm surprised they actually showed me the suit looking like that.

everything else was minor issues and were fixed but up til now (PDI was in Dec) they haven't fixed the tile issue to my liking.

I do like the fact that they registered the building very quickly. But there's a lot of work that needs to be done and the workers seem to have left the building. Also the Parking lot flow needs to be revamped someone had a petition to get it fixed but I wasn't available to sign it.

How was your PDI?

Hello, finally setteld in and settled down I've been really busy...

PDI went well more spacious than what I expected they kept to spec or was over a few inches which was great. I was concerned about my colour layout considering there was a lack of a studio to see how colours would match but the dark brown laminate and cabinets with the kashmere granite looks good.

Here's the bad part...the workmenship.
whoever was in charge of laying the ceramic floor tiles and the tub tiles needs to be reprimanded.
- gaps in flooring under door frame corners and uneven tubsurround. I'm surprised they actually showed me the suit looking like that.

everything else was minor issues and were fixed but up til now (PDI was in Dec) they haven't fixed the tile issue to my liking.

I do like the fact that they registered the building very quickly. But there's a lot of work that needs to be done and the workers seem to have left the building. Also the Parking lot flow needs to be revamped someone had a petition to get it fixed but I wasn't available to sign it.

How was your PDI?

The PDI was not bad. But a lot of stuff still remains unfixed. The finish is very poor. They have not fixed many stuff yet. Those guys who were supposed to fix just make a call that they would come, and in some cases they did not show up at all. Everything in the suite seems cheap. The bathtub tiles...it seems like a child's work. I am kind of disappointed, really. How was your closing? Did it go smoothly. The "price adjustments" were really unexpected. I am not sure if this is really a reflection of what they paid the city or whatever...
Another thing...When I bought the suite the sales person told me that the suite would be wired so that I could see who the visitor was. That is not possible now. Also, the sales person told me that there would be a fountain. That is why I chose south facing suite.
In conclusion...I think, we residents should get together and demand what was promised to us when we bought...I am sure a lot of people will have a lot to say.

Last edited:
How was your closing? Did it go smoothly. The "price adjustments" were really unexpected. I am not sure if this is really a reflection of what they paid the city or whatever...

Although my lawyer had the levie fees capped it was the bulk of the closing cost. But from what I've read in this forum about other buildings its the same thing, poor make, things not as promised and levie fees of $5000. It's crazy everywhere.

Another thing...When I bought the suite the sales person told me that the suite would be wired so that I could see who the visitor was. That is not possible now. Also, the sales person told me that there would be a fountain. That is why I chose south facing suite.

why can't we see who's at the lobby doors anymore? That feature standard in apartment buildings I don't understand. I choose the south view too moreso b/c the north view has the hideous open field and gas station(who wants to see that) plus I can see the activity around the premises. The other building has A LOT of activity going on.

In conclusion...I think, we residents should get together and demand what was promised to us when we bought...I am sure a lot of people will have a lot to say.

There's a meeting on March 30th regarding how one can become a board member make sure you attend.

Back