News   May 14, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 609     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

The orange tickets are a warning that the next step is calling in Toronto police. They're usually only here between 2-3am.

But nSandwich, can they find other ways to enforce it if they instituted fines? Like how York University withholds degrees and transcripts if you have outstanding parking dues... Because if I remember about the guest suite, it's a $500 security deposit for renters to book it, no deposit for owners.

Anyone care to share their storage solutions for their bathrooms? I can't add storage above the toilet bc of the extended mirror, can't add a cabinet cause the towel rack uses the length of the empty wall. What have you done with your small bathroom space?

So last night, around 1 AM ... I start hearing screams outside the hallway. Apparently, one of my dearest neighbours had an electric kettle plugged into the socket and he placed it on the stove. He also turned the stove on, and it burnt all of the plastic. The smell throughout the floor was horrible. There wasn't a 'fire', as they were able to contain it.

The screams were from a female saying "why did you do that? you could have burned down the whole condo!" She was screaming at her roommate, who was in his briefs, no shirt, no pants. Just everything hanging out.

This was in M2.

So last night, around 1 AM ... I start hearing screams outside the hallway. Apparently, one of my dearest neighbours had an electric kettle plugged into the socket and he placed it on the stove. He also turned the stove on, and it burnt all of the plastic. The smell throughout the floor was horrible. There wasn't a 'fire', as they were able to contain it.

The screams were from a female saying "why did you do that? you could have burned down the whole condo!" She was screaming at her roommate, who was in his briefs, no shirt, no pants. Just everything hanging out.

This was in M2.

Which floor was this?

Elevators?

Are you sure the 'water valve' noise isn't actually coming from the elevators? I live next to one in M1, and can hear it sometimes (although not nearly as much as the first few months, when they were having obvious very loud problems).

anyone have any cheap/clever ways to deal with a drafty window? I find the sliding door, as well as the bedroom windows in my unit to have a small draft... nothing huge, but I definitely feel it when it dips below -10...

I'm using a strip of styrofoam wedged into the tracks of the sliding door which seems to work well there, and I only need to do this in the winter when I don't open that door anyways so it's not too inconveniencing but I want to do something about the bedroom.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

There is actually a setting that let's you trick the thermostat into thinking it is + or - 2 degrees from what it actually is. It's in the setup mode. I found a manual online for the thermostat when I first moved in and I remember that was one of the setting.

Where can I find this info?

Totally unrelated to all the other topics... but has anyone been to the new shawarma place on Sheppard? Baba Ganoush Shawarma Restaurant.
Went last night and the food was really good... and it's 3 mins away.

What did you order? Do they deliver?

I order from Me Va Me (http://mevame.com/) all the time. Their prices are reasonable and their portions are HUGE. They are located at Steeles and Hilda, but they do deliver to us *their delivery cutoff zone is sheppard, we JUST made it*

If you enjoy THAI food, Thai Basil Garden (http://thaibasilgardensite.com/index.html) also delivers to our building. Not the best Thai you've ever had, but definitely reasonable, and again they deliver to our building.

Anyone else wanna share some decent delivery places around us?

I've been to Baba Ganoush Shawarma restaurant, it's amazing, the meat is juicy and tender, the fries were crispy, and they have amazing babaganoush! I love Me Va Me too.

Another unrelated off-topic question... what kind of exercise equipment is there in the gym? Is it just free weights and treadmills, or do they have universal machines, bow-flex type machines, and other equipment? Since I'll be at the gym pretty frequently it would be good to know what I can expect. Right now I use free weights, a universal machine and a treadmill, if they don't have a universal machine I'll have to adjust my workout routine, which is ok, I'm just curious.

Back