News   May 15, 2024
 234     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 2.3K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 1.6K     1 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

LOL! Starbucks, Subway and LCBO are a block away. Not gonna happen. Timmy's is up the road so Second Cup seems like the most logical choice, though Timmy's does put 2 locations across the street from eachother in some places. I linked to an article about us being an appealing place for 7-11, who are planning a Toronto expansion. I'd almost say we should have our condo board send out the retail packages to some of the places we want and get them interested. Not just for us, but when I walk past McDonalds after a Leafs/Argos game, I've seen people in jerseys stopping in there, so people do look for stuff after they get off the subway at Downsview.

ok then, no timmy's. Don't want no rowdy fans at our building at night, disturbing my peace. Second cup or Timothy's sounds good. Even a decent no name cafe could work.

I think there is close to 12-14 commercial spaces in total. I'm really curious what these stores will be. In theory there should be quite a bit of interest from businesses, with the ttc nearby and 4 major condo buildings to serve

This is the company leasing out the retail: http://thebehargroup.com/

Check out the tenants they have relationships with (that can fit with the space requirements): 7-11, Baskin Robbins, Mucho Burrito/Extreme Pita/Purblendz smoothies, Fit For Life, South St. Burger Co., UPS Store (having a place on site we can SEND mail would be awesome! We have to drive to post offices right now to send)... Their PDF also lists Bagel House, St. Urbain Bagel, Burger's Priest, Mr. Dumpling, Thai One On, Taste of the Mediterranean, Caribbean Queen... and the animated picture on their website has Tim's, Sobey's (who also do mini-stores in condos), Pizza Hut, Burger King and all 5 Big 5 banks.

Dear lord, please tell me they're getting us some of these places!

Here's the info sheet for the spaces: http://thebehargroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Metropolis-at-Metro-Place.pdf

Last edited:
Not sure if alot of the food places you mentioned will be able to open. I saw it somewhere in condo rules and policy guide. Places that serve food can be fire hazards and also invite bugs, which will eventually lead into the building.

Though if this were true, all condo's wouldn't allow to have restaurants, quick bite places underneath of them. Can anyone clarify?

ok then, no timmy's. Don't want no rowdy fans at our building at night, disturbing my peace. Second cup or Timothy's sounds good. Even a decent no name cafe could work.

I think there is close to 12-14 commercial spaces in total. I'm really curious what these stores will be. In theory there should be quite a bit of interest from businesses, with the ttc nearby and 4 major condo buildings to serve

the problem is parking

if i were driving down the allen and thought to myself, "boy i'd love a coffee", having to park underground would deter me enough to just continue north on the allen to the starbucks where i can run in and out in 5 minutes or less

i do agree that that should be ample parking, but any store where the idea is convenience, getting in and out fast, having to park underground is a deal breaker

The retail probably looked more appealing when there was supposed to be a tunnel to the subway under the Allen. If you don't need to wait for the garage door to open, it's not so bad. It's just like outdoor parking, but better for your car. The left onto Allen is what kills ya.

The retail probably looked more appealing when there was supposed to be a tunnel to the subway under the Allen. If you don't need to wait for the garage door to open, it's not so bad. It's just like outdoor parking, but better for your car. The left onto Allen is what kills ya.

They never had a plan to make a tunnel to the subwaay from the development.

They never had a plan to make a tunnel to the subwaay from the development.

Some candidate for the municipal election put up flyers about it in the parking garage elevators. Said there were plans for it and our councillor blew it or something. They were taken down by the end of the day.

i just got a letter today that it will be time soon to book my pdi since my unit is near complete or finished. (i'm on the 2nd floor)

Sort of hard to understand this, because the windows are not fully up yet, and peaking inside, nothing is complete.

I'm projected to move in , April next year and assume it won't be until June or July that i officially can. Actually i would rather move in later than sooner

Question is, if i'm projected to move in April or later, can Liberty force me to move in earlier if the unit is ready???

i just got a letter today that it will be time soon to book my pdi since my unit is near complete or finished. (i'm on the 2nd floor)

Sort of hard to understand this, because the windows are not fully up yet, and peaking inside, nothing is complete.

I'm projected to move in , April next year and assume it won't be until June or July that i officially can. Actually i would rather move in later than sooner

Question is, if i'm projected to move in April or later, can Liberty force me to move in earlier if the unit is ready???

Yes they can make you move in earlier. I dont think you have much to worry about. M3 will be first to move in

Back