News   Jul 04, 2024
 161     1 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 268     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 832     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

Anyone else get a call for the lockers re: M3 , M4 buildings?? std 15 sf is going for $4500 and 20 sf for $6000

can't believe the prices.

To keep the resale value up, i guess there is no choice but to at least purchase a std one

Yup got my call yesterday a well for M4.

Small 15 sq ft $4500
Medium 20 sq ft $6000
Large 25 sq ft $8000
X-large 33 sq ft $9000 Ouch!

All lockers are about 7ft high or so as I was told by Jacqueline. And the actual demensions wasn't know yet.

Heading to the design centre to drop off deposit today. And its first come first gets.

if you walk buy on sheppard and look through the large windows you will see the sky on the other side. they've put a gaping hole in the roof.

not sure if it's so that they can get building materials in faster/easier/safer, or perhaps they are changing the structure of the building and building up

Yup got my call yesterday a well for M4.

Small 15 sq ft $4500
Medium 20 sq ft $6000
Large 25 sq ft $8000
X-large 33 sq ft $9000 Ouch!

All lockers are about 7ft high or so as I was told by Jacqueline. And the actual demensions wasn't know yet.

Heading to the design centre to drop off deposit today. And its first come first gets.

Prices seem a little high for a standard 15 sq.ft. locker ... but a builder can charge whatever people are willing to pay ~

Just a note, I've learned from Solaris, the hard way, that lockers can SIGNIFICANTLY vary in height, so never assuming the standard height for lockers ... one would normally think 7 feet is typical, but I have discovered @ Solaris (in shock) that lockers could be 6', 6'8", or 7'6" tall depending on what pipes are above the locker ... it sure sucks to be in a 15 sq.ft. locker that is only 6' tall when your neighbour's 15 sq.ft. locker is 7'6" tall and to be paying the same amount of money (I have actually seen this combination in Solaris)

Dropping my deposit today. It sucks that the prices went up 30% or more. I remember being quoted $3000 for the smallest locker. not happy but what can we do :mad:

I'm assuming Flaco7 bought his/her locker much earlier (and for a previous phase rather than M3/M4) ??

not sure if it's so that they can get building materials in faster/easier/safer, or perhaps they are changing the structure of the building and building up

Just noticed that a crane has also gone up on the Kodiak Cres. side of the building... :( But it doesn't seem to be a very high crane - so hopefully it's just there for the same reason - so they can get all that stuff laid out on the parking lot out/in easier/faster... Hopefully it's not because they are building up (or if they are, that it's not too high up given the height of the crane...)

I think they may be building a commercial tower of some sort. There are a lot of forms in the parking lot right now and unfortunately just because the crane isn't high right now doesn't mean it won't be a tall addition. I'm hoping it's not but there is a lot of rebar on site as well.

Not to burst anybody's bubble .... but for those that did not follow this development proposal from Day 1, owner of the lands (previously Idomo) had always intended the there would be 6 new buildings in total which would effectively fill in entirely both Allen and Sheppard frontages blocking all sightlines to the former Idomo building ... Liberty Developments only bought the site for 4 buildings which was marketed as Metro Place, but there is certainly more buildings to come, possibly by another builder ??

This is the development scheme which accompanied the original Draft Plan of Subdivision / Rezoning applications:
1100SheppardWest.jpg

Be aware M2!! Circuit outlet were not installed safely and Superintendent turned us away.

2 Weeks ago the washing machine was down and whirlpool sent someone to fix the washer under warranty. He said whoever installed the machine switch the cold and hot tubes water which messed up the sensors of the washing machine. Today Saturday Sept 3 whirlpool came back to replace the parts we had to take down the dryer that was mounted on top and once the washer was fixed the technician. He mounted back the dryer and tried to plug the dryer back to the outlet and instantly a spark occurred. Instantly all the power went out in our unit. We quickly head over to the fuse box and tried countless of time switching off and on and wasn’t able to get any power. We headed down to concierge explained what happened. Concierge tried to call the superintendant, but couldn’t get a hold of him and left a voicemail. Finally, when the superintendant called back and the concierge tried to explain our situation to him he said they can’t help us since if there is no power within our unit and we had to resolve this ourselves. He told us to find an electrician and we need to pay. I was so upset and shocked since I didn’t expect that when there are situations like this you can’t call anybody since they don’t work on weekends. We were helpless since we didn’t know where to find help. Concierge suggested some electrician contacts. We tried calling the electrician the building used and they also turn us down since they only support the maintenance building. They told us they required the superintendant to call them. After rounds and rounds of calling we finally stumble on the Electrician to come. He came and opened the outlet and to our surprise the wires were burnt and melted. This really made us feel so unsafe. The electrician said this should be covered under the builder since it was burning on the inside. He was surprise no one cared. This could have lead to a fire hazard. We took pictures as evidence. The electrician called the superintendent and told him what happen and the superintendent said he didn’t believe him that the wires were burnt and that he didn’t feel he needs to come by since he‘s 2.5 hours away. I’m really sadden and furious after hearing this. I just wanted to let people know so they can prepare themselves.

Back