News   Jul 25, 2024
 162     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 492     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 442     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

Thanks for all the responses Flaco7. It is really appreciated. I move in a week (next Thursday) so I will try to help you out then with any remaining questions people have once I move in too.

In the meantime I have one more for you. I've never received a call from rogers and would really like to get that 3 months free deal too so I wa hoping you could remember who you spoke to or if there is a specific offer code they gave you since it is a crapshoot when you call 1-888-Rogers1.

Thanks again for all your help!

P.S. I really hope I get some decent cell phone reception since I was planning on doing without a home phone but I guess that may have to change. I'll probably just get VOIP or magic jack or one of those cheap ones worse comes to worse.

What floor are you on??

I might be getting majic jack or some sort of cheap home phone as well.
Sorry I dont have the rogers info but I see that someone else posted it.
See you in a week.

i'd say instead of changing your address outright, why not just have your mail "forwarded" to your new address... that way it will still be addressed to your old address and you will be able to pick it up without ID or any other hastles.... and when we begin to get our mail delivered to the building, then fully change your address info with whoever (bank, credit card, OHIP, etc....)

Hi :) I move in 23 days from today and NO one from Rogers contacted me ;-( That's too bad. I was really hoping for a DEAL. I'll wait another week or two before getting cable and Internet.

As for the Canada Post problem, I arrived at 8am this morning and it WAS OPEN. Stranger but true. They lady there had mail for me - in the 1070 Sheppard Ave, building but she did not give me any mail as I did not have proper ID. She said a valid driver's license is okay with the new address on it, BUT I explianed to her that it has my old adress on it. Anyway, she said to bring in the deed or mortgage papers as "proof" of address + a valid photo ID to claim your mail. ALSO, she mentioned NOT to go on Mondays as they are extremely busy. Sometimes they close before 11am (CRAZY, I know) :-( Therefore, to get your mail arrive anytime between 8-11am. I hope this information helps some of you out!!

Take care,

Joe

This seems crazy, how can they expect us to get our mail between 8 and 11. I leave for well before 8.

This seems crazy, how can they expect us to get our mail between 8 and 11. I leave for well before 8.

I know EXACTLY what you mean, its INSANE. I am teaching summer school and I begin my day at 8:30am. I have to rush and run as quickly as possible to get there and I was almost late showing up for work. Grrrrrrrrr. I am NOT impressed at all with this set up of mail. :-(

What floor are you on??

I might be getting majic jack or some sort of cheap home phone as well.
Sorry I dont have the rogers info but I see that someone else posted it.
See you in a week.

I'm on the 8th floor.

I actually just called Rogers (thanks coldstudios for the info) and spoke to Sandra and she got me all set up (her number is 905-780-7120). Just tell her what building you are in and she will hook you up. Everyone in the buiding gets 3 months free (not sure if this is just for new Rogers customers or not but I already have a cell phone with Rogers and they still gave me the 3 months free). You get VIP cable, Express internet (10mbs downloand speeds) and home phone as well all free for 3 months. I also got an HD PVR and standard def box for an extra $2.99 per month. This is a pretty sweet deal. Not sure if I will stay with Rogers afterwords but this will definately save me some money for the first few months.

The only thing is you need to give them 30 days notice to cancel, so just cancel after 60 days if you don't plan to keep Rogers and you are good to go. Like others said there are no contracts or cancelation fees.

I'm on the 8th floor.

I actually just called Rogers (thanks coldstudios for the info) and spoke to Sandra and she got me all set up (her number is 905-780-7120). Just tell her what building you are in and she will hook you up. Everyone in the buiding gets 3 months free (not sure if this is just for new Rogers customers or not but I already have a cell phone with Rogers and they still gave me the 3 months free). You get VIP cable, Express internet (10mbs downloand speeds) and home phone as well all free for 3 months. I also got an HD PVR and standard def box for an extra $2.99 per month. This is a pretty sweet deal. Not sure if I will stay with Rogers afterwords but this will definately save me some money for the first few months.

The only thing is you need to give them 30 days notice to cancel, so just cancel after 60 days if you don't plan to keep Rogers and you are good to go. Like others said there are no contracts or cancelation fees.

Actually just found out there is also a $15 one-time activation fee. But other than that everything is free for 3 months.

went by the building again last night. i really like what the lobby is looking like in m1. fresh, clean, classy but not pretencious. like me! lol

went by the building again last night. i really like what the lobby is looking like in m1. fresh, clean, classy but not pretencious. like me! lol

I did the exact same thing around 6pm, looks GREAT inside. I didn't get to see M2 as there was a fence, but I'm assuming it will look the same, if not similar. I also managed to walk into the M2 as a side door was open :) and went to look inside (I know I'm not allowed in, but no one was around). Anyway, I went on my floor via the stairwell and noticed my unit and others. Lots of mess and dust everywhere. I wonder if they will be ready in 3 weeks (as this is my move-in date). Crossing my fingers.

Joe

CANADA POST

I went to the 2800 Keele St. location to collect my mail this morning with mortgage paers as proof of my "current address." Basically bring any valid photo ID with you and any official documents stating your new address. The lady behind the counter said that "there is a LOT more mail that needs to be sorted." She told me it wasn't her responsibility as she is only a receptionist :-( I am calling the supervisor today and I will demand to know how we can go about collecting the rest of our mail. This is just INSANE. What a frustrating way to collect personal mail ;-(

I'll keep you posted :)

Joe

I'm on the 8th floor.

Hi, I just called Sandra (totally unorganized) :-( I don't think she knows whats going on as we told me that according to Rogers Internet will be set up in November?????????? What are we getting mixed messages here? Can anyone help or shed some light on this topic? Perhaps looking into Bell might be a smarter choice??

Hi, I just called Sandra (totally unorganized) :-( I don't think she knows whats going on as we told me that according to Rogers Internet will be set up in November?????????? What are we getting mixed messages here? Can anyone help or shed some light on this topic? Perhaps looking into Bell might be a smarter choice??

Did Sandra say internet is being set up in November? This really doesn't make a lot of sence to me since if the cable outlets are ready to go for TV then why would they not be ready to go for internet, it is the same conncetion.

Maybe it has something to do with 1070 Sheppard (M2) because she mentioned nothing to me when I told her my address (55 De Boers - M1).

Just called Sandra to make sure and she said M1 has had numerous people already hooked up with cable and internet so M1 is definately ready to go. She wasn't sure about M2 though. She thinks it is probably in error that it is saying November. Hope this helps!

Also, that $15 I mentioned earlier will also be waived accroding to Sandra so it truely is free for the first 3 months.

Last edited:
Did Sandra say internet is being set up in November? This really doesn't make a lot of sence to me since if the cable outlets are ready to go for TV then why would they not be ready to go for internet, it is the same conncetion.

Maybe it has something to do with 1070 Sheppard (M2) because she mentioned nothing to me when I told her my address (55 De Boers - M1).

Just called Sandra to make sure and she said M1 has had numerous people already hooked up with cable and internet so M1 is definately ready to go. She wasn't sure about M2 though. She thinks it is probably in error that it is saying November. Hope this helps!

Also, that $15 I mentioned earlier will also be waived accroding to Sandra so it truely is free for the first 3 months.

HI again! Yes, when I spoke to her she also mentioned that M1 is up and running and that some clients have this 3 month free package. She wasn't sure about M2? Bizzare, as both buildings are side by side and you would think they are ready and well equipped with the necessary outlets for cable/TV and Internet. She will call me back Monday evening to confirm and give me more details.

Just a FYI, I called Bell also and they also offer Internet, Cable, TV,.... for M1 and M2. They DON'T offer any free months :-( BUT they have NO contracts, NO activation fees, and FREE Installation. Some good deals on bundles also. Check out bell.ca if you are interested :) I'm still not sure who to go with Rogers or Bell. I guess I'll wait and see what Sandra has to tell me and offer me.

Just a FYI, I called Bell also and they also offer Internet, Cable, TV,.... for M1 and M2. They DON'T offer any free months :-( BUT they have NO contracts, NO activation fees, and FREE Installation. Some good deals on bundles also. Check out bell.ca if you are interested :) I'm still not sure who to go with Rogers or Bell. I guess I'll wait and see what Sandra has to tell me and offer me.

I thought bell TV is satelite and that we are not allowed to install individual satelites? Does bell offer some other option?

Back