News   May 17, 2024
 623     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 432     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 4.8K     6 

Liberty Village Towers/Bliss (CanAlfa, 24 + 20s, IBI-HB)

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
Wow ... I thought things couldn't get worse than Battery Park ... holy crap that's looks awful! Killed by spandrel. It's bloody unfortunate Toronto has the worse glass in North America.

Last edited:
Wow ... I thought things couldn't get worse than Battery Park ... holy crap that's looks awful! Killed by spandrel. It's bloody unfortunate Toronto has the worse glass in North America.

It can't look any worse than it does right now!!! I have been quite observant of every project I come across and have not seen any that looks as bad as this one -very disappointing.

Last edited:
There have been so many people talking about how much better this project will look compared to zip/vibe/battery park, and Plazacorps building. WOW were they wrong. What happened? the renderings looked much better.

The spandrels do suck, but anything's better than the hideous green of Monarchs. CanAlfa totally deviated from the model and renderings in relation to the colour of the spandrels. It was supposed to be dark grey or black and a deep blue. This green tinted window stuff sucks as well. I'd agree that it's quite a disappointment.

Liberty Village is where design goes to die. There's not one nice project in this entire area.

That is what I was thinking too. So many nice building designs in this city and poor Liberty Village got the rejects. Maybe the toothpaste green and the light brown will compliment each other.

That is what I was thinking too. So many nice building designs in this city and poor Liberty Village got the rejects. Maybe the toothpaste green and the light brown will compliment each other.

Makes sense though...look at the builders and architects on all these projects. Bland, bland, bland. A missed opportunity IMO.

Such a contrast from Festival Tower, M5V, Glas, Hudson, many of the Freed lofts along King West...then you get to Liberty Village and it's like you're in a suburb. Not to dog on LV, as there are some things I do like about the area but it really would have benefited from some nicely designed lofts and lofthouses...instead we get cookie cutter high rises.

Last edited:
I don't know about calling Hancock Bruckner bland. Maybe in the Vancouver context however, Liberty Village could certainly have used some Vancouverism (I'm not a fan either)

Jaybee,

I agree the project lack beauty, however, the projects you mention in your post are not fair comparisons. I like the ritz, but comparing it to LV is stupid. The festival Tower is over 850 psf and the freed properties are 650 psf.

Jaybee,

I agree the project lack beauty, however, the projects you mention in your post are not fair comparisons. I like the ritz, but comparing it to LV is stupid. The festival Tower is over 850 psf and the freed properties are 650 psf.

I was comparing the level of design/style. If this building was at King/Spadina it would go for 650+ a ft. Maybe nicer looking interiors but the design would still be crap . With that said, toy factory lofts are going for virtually the same price as the Freed lofts...and I'd take any of the Freed Lofts over that building.

The project originally sold for between 280 to 320 psf depending when you bought. I would think the materials used for the exterior and interior are directly correlated to the amount you pay. Did you really expect great design for that price?

The project originally sold for between 280 to 320 psf depending when you bought. I would think the materials used for the exterior and interior are directly correlated to the amount you pay. Did you really expect great design for that price?

550 Wellington sold for just over 300/ft. You really think a building like Glas used better, more expensive materials? Color choices don't cost a thing.

funny you should mention 550, when I looked at it in feb 2007 it was selling for $450 psf and decided to buy in Bliss at 330psf. Wake up, you get what you pay for most times!

funny you should mention 550, when I looked at it in feb 2007 it was selling for $450 psf and decided to buy in Bliss at 330psf. Wake up, you get what you pay for most times!

LOL if you thought 550 wellington was originally sellign for $450/ft. Anyways, you have a biased view since you bought into the project so there's no point in arguing with you. Good design does not have to cost an arm and a leg....you seem to think so, though.

Back