802     0 
News   Apr 29, 2024
 745     1 
News   Apr 29, 2024
 550     0 

Letters to the Toronto Sun

C

cdl42

At my current job the only paper available for reading in the lunch room is the Sun. I've discovered that all I can tolerate in that entire paper is about 2 of the columnists meaning that I've usually read all I want to read in the entire paper in the course of about 3 minutes or less. I always scan the "Letters to the Editor" for fun bite-size pieces of kookiness. Thought I would post a letter from today's Sun for a quick laugh: posting is intended for entertainment purposes only. If it's popular I might do this on a regular basis, saving everyone else from having to glance at the piece of rubbish.

--------------------

Toronto the bad

Re "Armoured heist" (Feb. 20): I was shocked to read of the brazen robbery of an armoured truck. What is happening to the city I have lived in my whole life? All the killings, robberies and muggings are frightening the residents of this city. I recently returned from downtown Detroit where my daughter lives. I felt so safe walking around there, and I could never say the same of downtown Toronto. Wake up, Mayor Miller. Get tough on the criminals!

Brett Papadakis

[editor:] (You feel safer in Murder City, USA?)

Of course Detroit is safe. No people means no danger...except for falling building ruins.

Lining a bird cage with the Toronto Sun would be an insult to the bird.

Look, in the land of miketoronto, there's nothing wrong with knocking Toronto for being worse than Detroit...

I am glad Brett is staying away from the city...from the sound of it, he would lower the average IQ of the population to what, 50 singlehandedly.

AoD

They have a letters page? I had no idea any of their readers could write.

From last weekend:

Crumbling city

Re: "$6.2M City Hall Reno" (Feb. 10): When is Toronto going to wake up! David Miller is going to spend $6 million on renovations to his "empire" while your city crumbles. Every day there is a broken water main, the Gardiner is falling apart and emergency services are stretched to the limits. How does this man sleep at night? My suggestion, Miller should take a course on how to run a city, eg. Hazel 101 and Hazel 202. We have a debt free city along with one of the busiest airports in the country.

Brian Hackett
Mississauga

(The bursting pipes aren't Miller's fault, the proposed renovations to City Hall are under his watch)

------------------

Why, Toronto?

[Edited out bitching about the Liberals and Miller] It is about time both the provincial and federal governments say not one more dime until Miller and company clean up their philanthropic act and stop using the city as their own private club funded by the rest of Ontario.

Russ Sanders
Ennismore, Ont.

(Toronto pays way more to the province than it gets back)

Brian Hackett's letter was hilarious. Typical Mississauga boosterism still makes me laugh - the Hazel is better than your mayor attitude (never mind that Toronto and Mississauga are completely different beasts) reeks of ignorance and cheap small-town boosterism.

This is funnier than Fox because at Fox someone is payed big bucks to come up with all that creative shit. Here we have some fellow citizens putting in the personal effort to display their stupidity - all for free.

Little does he know, that Hazel and Co just spent millions renovating the Mayor's and Councillors offices. Looks great, however doesn't respect the original vision of the building. We probably spent more than $6 million on the renovation.

Louroz

Interesting to hear that, Louroz. I've been wondering about that. Someone should point that out to the Sun and Star.

Guess what folks? Offices get old and have to be renoed, espically when structures are changing. Things can't just be left alone as long as an entity isn't posting profitability! Having offices in disrepair doesn't help the city or its citizens!

"As you know, we have the Mississauga international airport in our city and we have a very large Canada Post operation."
- Hazel McCallion

"Please tell me what to do with the international garbage from the Mississauga international airport, because I would like to know what we are going to do with it if you bring in all the bans."
- Hazel McCallion

"My question is to the Minister of Municipal Affairs. The ground transportation system at Mississauga International Airport, otherwise known as Pearson International Airport and often mistakenly referred to as Toronto International Airport, located in the great city of Mississauga, has been, to say the least, in a state of upheaval over the years because of a total lack of interest by the Department of Transport."
- Steve Mahoney

Pearson International Airport: Mississauga's international airport (also serves Toronto)
- John Bolton's Links

Is there something in the water in Mississauga?

Back