News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.6K     3 

LCBO / The Beer Store

Should the LCBO be deregulated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LCBO announces it's changing store hours at more than 360 locations

Wednesday, May 6, 2020 11:49AM EDT

TORONTO -- Some LCBO locations will be staying open later beginning next week after reducing store hours in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The LCBO says starting May 14, more than 360 stores will operate from 10 a.m. until 9 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. Most stores will be open 11 a.m. until 6 p.m. on Sundays.

The list of stores that will operate with expanded hours has not been released but the LCBO says its store locator feature on its website will be updated as of May 14.

“The expansion of store hours will continue to roll out in stages across the province through to the first week of June. All LCBO stores will remain closed on Mondays until further notice,” a news release issued by the Crown corporation read.

The LCBO says extending store hours will offer increased convenience and will alleviate potential in-line congestion.

LCBO
LCBO announces it's changing store hours at more than 360 locations

Wednesday, May 6, 2020 11:49AM EDT

TORONTO -- Some LCBO locations will be staying open later beginning next week after reducing store hours in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The LCBO says starting May 14, more than 360 stores will operate from 10 a.m. until 9 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. Most stores will be open 11 a.m. until 6 p.m. on Sundays.

The list of stores that will operate with expanded hours has not been released but the LCBO says its store locator feature on its website will be updated as of May 14.

“The expansion of store hours will continue to roll out in stages across the province through to the first week of June. All LCBO stores will remain closed on Mondays until further notice,” a news release issued by the Crown corporation read.

The LCBO says extending store hours will offer increased convenience and will alleviate potential in-line congestion.

What i heard from someone who works at the LCBO, the union isn't happy, staff are refusing to work. Some stores in the province may close down because of the staff shortages.

What i heard from someone who works at the LCBO, the union isn't happy, staff are refusing to work. Some stores in the province may close down because of the staff shortages.
Funny, I bet there would be many people happy to step into the jobs of the LCBO's employees right now - especially with those healthy pay rates.

I never buy beer at the Beer Store. I buy my beer at the Loblaws/NoFrills or if I'm after my Fuller's London Pride, at the LCBO.

The Beer Stores around my neighbourhood are awful and a blight on the surrounding community. They attract the worst sort of customers, made more evident during Covid19 with its lines of Walking Dead sprawled across the sidewalk out front. I'll be glad when this racket is closed down for good. I hope it happens before the Sherbourne and Gerrard location is torn down and made into condos. As it stands now, the Beer Store is planning to return to location as part of the condo's store front. No thanks.

I threw my empties out. No way I'm risking my health taking them back to the Beer Store. A store i never shop at.

SkipTheDishes and LCBO Announce Partnership to Deliver Beverage Alcohol Throughout Toronto

Dec 4, 2020

SkipTheDishes, Canada's largest and most popular food delivery network, is excited to announce its partnership with LCBO. Launching today, and starting with 15 stores in Toronto, SkipTheDishes will begin on-demand delivery directly to customers.

--------

Through the SkipTheDishes app or website, customers can conveniently order from over 300 best-selling wine, beer and spirits, including a selection of local products. Additionally, customers will be able to order gift bags, boxes, ice and more for delivery from their local LCBO through SkipTheDishes.

Skip drivers in Toronto are Smart Serve-certified to responsibly deliver alcohol to customers ages 19 and over and will strictly follow the AGCO's guidelines pertaining to the sale and provision of alcohol products, ensuring that the sale of alcohol to minors , intoxicated adults, and those who appear to be purchasing alcohol for either of those individuals is prevented. If a delivery recipient fails to produce valid ID, appears to be intoxicated, or attempts to purchase for a minor or impaired individual, the delivery will be cancelled.

On-demand LCBO delivery service is available exclusively through SkipTheDishes Tuesday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 1 hour prior to store closure. Customers can check delivery zones on SkipTheDishes app or website.

Last edited:
I threw my empties out. No way I'm risking my health taking them back to the Beer Store. A store i never shop at.

When I was a kid, in the 1950's, I would look for discarded soft drink bottles. Would return them for the cash.

These days, many people return the discarded beer, wine, and other alcohol bottles and cans for the cash. Allegedly.

When I was a kid, in the 1950's, I would look for discarded soft drink bottles. Would return them for the cash.

These days, many people return the discarded beer, wine, and other alcohol bottles and cans for the cash. Allegedly.

I did that in the 90s when i was a kid visiting family in the states. All the grocery stores in NY state, have bottle return machines. The machines give you back store credit or cash.

Most of Canada and the rest of the modern world still gives you deposit for soft drink bottles and cans. Ontario and Manitoba are the few places that don't. Only for alcohol containers.

Honestly, I thought only Quebec had deposit on non-alcoholic bev containers.

The Beer Store at Richview plaza is gone.

Did it consolidate to a larger location? The Beer Stores at Keele and Wilson and Wilson at Collinson closed a few years ago when a new location by Wilson Station opened.

Two stores in Brampton closed (Brampton Mall & City South Plaza) when a new location opened at Shoppers World a few years ago too.

Back