News   Jun 07, 2024
 1.9K     0 
News   Jun 07, 2024
 4K     8 
News   Jun 07, 2024
 2.7K     3 

LCBO Moves - Rumoured and confirmed

It's just going to be mini-branches of the LCBO with the same crappy hours and selection. My friend's husband from Quebec who had never been to Ontario, got a real laugh at our archaic looking "Beer Stores"

This is why beer in Ontario is so expensive.

BkODoveCMAAPlK-.png

It's just going to be mini-branches of the LCBO with the same crappy hours and selection. My friend's husband from Quebec who had never been to Ontario, got a real laugh at our archaic looking "Beer Stores"

I don't think the selection is so bad in LCBO stores....but whatever you and I think, the selection in these mini-stores will be a subset of what is carried in the larger, full service, LCBO stores. It won't take them long to figure out what are the big sellers at each of the mini stores and shelf space will be allocated to target maximum sales from these small footprints.

Total of 10 service gap areas have been identified across the province, and these 7 are part of the recent RFP (the other 3 areas will be identified at a later date). The suitable grocery store (15,000 SF +) must be within the service gap area and can’t be within 500m of an existing LCBO.

1. Mississauga – Britannia/Creditview
2. Virgil
3. Toronto East – north Beaches
4. Toronto West – Keele & Eglinton
5. Ottawa – Montreal & St Laurent
6. Thorold
7. London SW

I always thought Bloor & Sherbourne would be a good location for an LCBO. There's nothing really close by at all. Customers would come from St. James Town, south Rosedale and all the new condos in the area.

I always thought Bloor & Sherbourne would be a good location for an LCBO. There's nothing really close by at all. Customers would come from St. James Town, south Rosedale and all the new condos in the area.

There is an LCBO close by on Parliament, approx 1 km from Bloor and Sherbourne. A crappy one, if I recall correctly, but still close by. In any event, the denizens of Rosedale are pretty well served by Summerhill.

How is it not close? It's 1 km away.

And you do realize that having 3 LCBOs within 4 blocks is not the norm, right? The overwhelming majority of Ontarians, even within the old city of Toronto, are a lot more than 1 km away from their closest LCBO.

Thinking about it, I suspect that the LCBO in the Hudson's Bay Centre is just as close to Bloor and Sherbourne.

Last edited:
I don't think the selection is so bad in LCBO stores....but whatever you and I think, the selection in these mini-stores will be a subset of what is carried in the larger, full service, LCBO stores. It won't take them long to figure out what are the big sellers at each of the mini stores and shelf space will be allocated to target maximum sales from these small footprints.

You don't realize how crappy the liquor selection is at the LCBO until you visit one of the gigantic liquor stores in Buffalo.

Google has a inside tour of Premier Wine & Spirits

https://www.google.ca/maps/@42.9916...!3m3!1sE9vPeTrKJDUAAAQIt0XrFw!2e0!3e2!6m1!1e1

Next door to Premier Wine & Spirits is Premier Gourmet, which is a gourmet food and beer store with over 1,500 different kinds of beers! No Bud or Coors either, It's all micro brews and imports from all over the world. They even had beers from Guelph and Waterloo which the LCBO doesn't even carry.
https://www.google.ca/maps/@42.9916...!3m5!1e1!3m3!1s0zPSMdcqIE8Wg68RGdObaA!2e0!3e2

LCBO quit carrying my fave British beers, so now i have to go all the way to Buffalo if i want to drink my fave brews.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why you keep saying it's 1k. You still have to return home. From Bloor/Sherbourne to the Parliament LCBO is about 2.5k return trip. There's definitely a dead zone in that area considering how dense it is. No LCBO, no Beer Store, no wine stores.

LCBO Express - 7 Target Areas Identified (Map)_Page_1.jpg
LCBO Express - 7 Target Areas Identified (Map)_Page_2.jpg
LCBO Express - 7 Target Areas Identified (Map)_Page_3.jpg
LCBO Express - 7 Target Areas Identified (Map)_Page_4.jpg
LCBO Express - 7 Target Areas Identified (Map)_Page_5.jpg
LCBO Express - 7 Target Areas Identified (Map)_Page_6.jpg
LCBO Express - 7 Target Areas Identified (Map)_Page_7.jpg
Total of 10 service gap areas have been identified across the province, and these 7 are part of the recent RFP (the other 3 areas will be identified at a later date). The suitable grocery store (15,000 SF +) must be within the service gap area and can’t be within 500m of an existing LCBO.

1. Mississauga – Britannia/Creditview
2. Virgil
3. Toronto East – north Beaches
4. Toronto West – Keele & Eglinton
5. Ottawa – Montreal & St Laurent
6. Thorold
7. London SW

Attachments

• LCBO Express - 7 Target Areas Identified (Map)_Page_1.jpg
    LCBO Express - 7 Target Areas Identified (Map)_Page_1.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 779
  • LCBO Express - 7 Target Areas Identified (Map)_Page_2.jpg