News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 487     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Layout opinion - The Ninety

Not a good layout for 500 sqft. at all. You can definitely do better!

I know, maybe it is not the best layout for 518 sq ft but there is not too much out there in preconstruction for $400 sq ft in downtown or close to the downtown core. I think it is a good location, good looking building, the unit has 10 ft ceilings, upgraded appliances, gas in kitchen and balcony

Hey,
That seems like a reasonable price for the unit size. The 10ft ceilings will be nice... I like how the bathroom is seperate from the entertaining and living area. I find that most units have the bathroom off the kitchen or living room...

I bought at the ninety too. Will be on the 8th floor!

N

What a horrible layout! The designer should be ashamed of them self.

Here's what I recommend:

-Move the kitchen to the east wall, commencing right after you pass the bathroom.
-Remove both of those small closets
-Move the bedroom to the living/dining area
-Insert a small walk in closet on the corner of the north east wall.
-Insert a sliding frosted glass wall between the living dining & the bedroom (this can slide into the side of the walk in closet)
-You can also change the door of the bathroom to the north wall, if you want it to appear bigger
-The closet next to the W/D can be used as a replacement from those small ones that I mentioned to remove

I just have to point this out, because it seems this is becoming more common each week here on UT, but you can almost NEVER move kitchens and/or bathrooms in new build condo/loft projects because they have to line up with all of the other ones that are being built above and below. So please stop suggesting such massive changes as it's a waste of your time and theirs.

I just have to point this out, because it seems this is becoming more common each week here on UT, but you can almost NEVER move kitchens and/or bathrooms in new build condo/loft projects because they have to line up with all of the other ones that are being built above and below. So please stop suggesting such massive changes as it's a waste of your time and theirs.

Thanks, about to say something along these lines. The developer just won't budge - particularly not for the washroom, that's just a no go in MOST situations.

*MOST* because there are always exceptions : )

Now regarding the hate for entrance hallways ... okay ... there's merit for such hate to a certain degree - if they're skinny and long, that's far from ideal.

Personally though, I don't mind an entrance hallway that's somewhat wide and not too long - it creates an "entrance" space - separate from the rest of the unit. I particularly like it when the washer / dryer is located here as well, along with an entry closet for jackets and what not.

Stop hatting on the hallway! :)

but it's sooo fun to redesign the spaces :D

i don't know if some of the suggestions made are meant for the pot'l purchaser to request of the developer now, or what could have been done in the first place.

anything structural and mechanicals usually cannot be moved, unless it's very minor. things like changing partition walls and doors can be done, but may/may not be accomodated.

Thanks, about to say something along these lines. The developer just won't budge - particularly not for the washroom, that's just a no go in MOST situations.

Now regarding the hate for entrance hallways ... okay ... there's merit for such hate to a certain degree - if they're skinny and long, that's far from ideal.

Personally though, I don't mind an entrance hallway that's somewhat wide and not too long - it creates an "entrance" space - separate from the rest of the unit. I particularly like it when the washer / dryer is located here as well, along with an entry closet for jackets and what not.

Stop hatting on the hallway! :)

a small entrance space is always desirable and can be done with the entry closet + W/D facing opposite a washroom.

where else would i place my hat if not in the hallway ?!? :D

Hi there Simuls,

Regarding my suggestions, I meant after wards down the road and not through the builder. I've worked at condominiums. Perhaps you should stop assuming.

I had no problems with my builder changing the door location. They didn't charge me a penny:)

I had no problems with my builder changing the door location. They didn't charge me a penny:)

Changing where the washroom was located or the entrance door to the washroom ? :)

To very different things.

I typically look for floorplans that have parts of the uit seperate. I think its nice to be able to have people over and not have to hear them using the washroom... or listen to the washer/dryer running etc.

Its simply a matter of preferences... Some people love the open concept to the extreme and buy lofts with no walls... some like traditional layouts with a room for everything. One persons idea of design is not for all.

As for design changes, I find that whenever it is possible a builder is more than willing to move things around if it means you will buy a unit. It never hurts to ask. I have had units merged, kitchens moved, bathrooms moved, entrances changed etc... This is especially easy when you are early enough in the unit release. If they don't have something you like, ask them to make it for you. The worse they can say is no... Its a competitive market so don't settle. Ok thats my two cents.....

Hi there Simuls,

Regarding my suggestions, I meant after wards down the road and not through the builder. I've worked at condominiums. Perhaps you should stop assuming.

The type of re-arrangement you're suggesting would not only cost him 10 000's of dollars (and cost is clearly an issue for this poster), but it would almost certainly not be allowed by the BOD of the condo ("afterward down the road redundant) as it is a GAS building and the lines would need to be completely rerouted in order to move the kitchen. I'm not saying that your suggestions aren't worthwhile as an exercise or are without merit, but they're just not addressing what the poster wanted to know.

I know, maybe it is not the best layout for 518 sq ft but there is not too much out there in preconstruction for $400 sq ft in downtown or close to the downtown core. I think it is a good location, good looking building, the unit has 10 ft ceilings, upgraded appliances, gas in kitchen and balcony
Hiya...
Apirl 2010 eh?
Do you know the expected move in date? We bought unit 825 earlier this year. I think this is going to be a nice building!

last week I received a call from the Ninety sales centre, it was my lucky day. They called me to let me know that my floorplan had changed and now I had 67 sq ft more, a separate bedroom with window and a kitchen island. I could not believe it, I had originally paid $405 per sq ft and now it comes to $359 per sq ft. I was really surprised and I immediately ran into the sales centre to sign the amendment. they changed the floorplan only for 3 units out of 220.

the floorplan changed from:

http://www.theninety.ca/pdf/1bed_518.pdf

To:

Attachments

• newninety.pdf
    17.1 KB · Views: 464

Back