News   Sep 04, 2024
 771     1 
News   Sep 04, 2024
 430     1 
News   Sep 04, 2024
 436     0 

Lack of meaningful Passenger Rail service outside the Quebec-Windsor Corridor

I am saying that if they are going that far, maybe reactivating the old line might be worth it. It could even be a phased thing such that the section between Fredericton Junction and Fredericton are reactivated first.
You say these things like it would be a mere matter of clearing some brush. Do you not think that, after 30 years, a lot of it, particularly in built up areas, might be built over or plowed over? For that matter, likely none of it is owned by a railroad anymore. Since the original owners found the routes unprofitable, all this, at public expense, for a passenger train or two.

You say these things like it would be a mere matter of clearing some brush. Do you not think that, after 30 years, a lot of it, particularly in built up areas, might be built over or plowed over? For that matter, likely none of it is owned by a railroad anymore. Since the original owners found the routes unprofitable, all this, at public expense, for a passenger train or two.
To say nothing of the fact that not only do fewer people live on the Napadogan sub but i'd wager nearly nobody does. Chipman, Juniper, and Plaster Rock are no Bathurst, Miramichi, etc. It's not going to happen, and it wouldn't make much sense for it to happen.

Hence the phased approach. Phase 1 would be a train from Saint John -Moncton and beyond. Phase 2 would be as close to Fredericton as they can get to without having to expropriate properties with buildings blocking the ROW. Phase 3 would be the rest. A quick look from the bridge to the outskirts of the city, there is nothing blocking the ROW.

To say nothing of the fact that not only do fewer people live on the Napadogan sub but i'd wager nearly nobody does. Chipman, Juniper, and Plaster Rock are no Bathurst, Miramichi, etc. It's not going to happen, and it wouldn't make much sense for it to happen.
What about Edmudston, which is larger than Bathurst and slightly smaller than Mirimichi? The point of this would be to have 2 services through New Brunswick, not swap the service over.. Allof this would be on contingent that Via sees the need for it and wants to expand service in this area.

So we've moved on from daily Sault Ste. Marie-Sudbury-Toronto service?
Moved on? For the time being. I can see where if Via ever had the money to expand where they could that would better serve more Canadians than they currently are. I am not a one track mind.

Back