News   Aug 30, 2024
 3.1K     2 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 2.9K     1 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 656     0 

Lack of meaningful Passenger Rail service outside the Quebec-Windsor Corridor

VIA should do none of those things if right now they can’t afford a power switch in Moncton. If New Brunswick wants to, and will pay, perhaps. Given that they seem to have allowed every foot of rail in Fredericton to be turned into trails, I doubt we will be seeing anything close to what’s described.
I was not suggesting it be done now. This is if Via ever decides to add more routes in the Maritimes. That switch should be done sooner than later. Call me weird, but I don't think a passenger train conductor/engineer should ever throw a switch, unless the switch mechanism is broken.

Call me weird, but I don't think a passenger train conductor/engineer should ever throw a switch, unless the switch mechanism is broken.
Then I suggest don't ride any train that doesn't operate in CTC territory. That will include the Northlander when it comes back.

I should know better than to get caught up in your technicolour dreams.

Then I suggest don't ride any train that doesn't operate in CTC territory. That will include the Northlander when it comes back.

I should know better than to get caught up in your technicolour dreams.
The Northlander would run on the through tracks. They are usually lined for the mainline. Having said that, just because it is that way, does not mean I cannot use it. It just annoys me. Add it to the pile.

If there is ever a new passenger service added in NB it's between Saint John and Moncton. Fredericton has no rail. The province is controlled partly by an oil company which has a vested interest in ensuring people continue to drive instead of taking passenger rail. It's not happening.

Back