L Tower Condos (Cityzen, Castlepoint Realty, Fernbrook Homes) - Real Estate -

Just got my letter as well. Went from April 1, 2014 to April 15, 2014. Im on the 36th floor. What floor are you guys on?

Im on a lower floor than you, but Im where the construction elevator is. The units there occupy last :(

I'm on 54 so I knew I was going to be late too. It has been so long :(. I'm not near the construction elevator side .... I think.

Spoke to the sales office yesterday and it looks like the first wave of occupancy will be in December. I believe they said floors 6-15 are the initial units occupied. Have you checked out the interior photos on Cityzen's Facebook page? https://www.facebook.com/CityzenGroup/
I was hoping to see some shots of the 536 sqft unit but I think all of the pics are of other units.

Anyone else buy the 536 sqft unit?

36th floor will have a very nice view.. congrats
The sales office has this unit on the 11th and 12th floors for 380k and 383k.

Spoke to the sales office yesterday and it looks like the first wave of occupancy will be in December. I believe they said floors 6-15 are the initial units occupied. Have you checked out the interior photos on Cityzen's Facebook page? https://www.facebook.com/CityzenGroup/
I was hoping to see some shots of the 536 sqft unit but I think all of the pics are of other units.

Anyone else buy the 536 sqft unit?

Hello everyone, spoke to the Sales office and apparently the December occupancies have an option to delay their occupancy for January. I was wondering if any of you heard anything on that? What I heard is that if you wanted to keep it to December, then they can make the unit available by then but the building will still be a rough construction site and the hallways etc on the floor will still be a mess. Delaying it to January by mutual agreement will probably avoid the builder having to pay compensation for late delivery but at the same time, you don't have to pay your final deposit until then and the occupancy fees will only kick in then....not sure what to make of this situation....anyone has experienced this? Thanks!

Hello everyone, spoke to the Sales office and apparently the December occupancies have an option to delay their occupancy for January. I was wondering if any of you heard anything on that? What I heard is that if you wanted to keep it to December, then they can make the unit available by then but the building will still be a rough construction site and the hallways etc on the floor will still be a mess. Delaying it to January by mutual agreement will probably avoid the builder having to pay compensation for late delivery but at the same time, you don't have to pay your final deposit until then and the occupancy fees will only kick in then....not sure what to make of this situation....anyone has experienced this? Thanks!

I was advised that units scheduled for occupancy in December have the option to push it out a few weeks to January (upon mutual agreement) this is mainly because of the holiday season and trades being off etc. However, if the purchaser wants their unit in December they will make arrangements for occupancy to happen. They should be on schedule after the new year.

Regardless, the building will be a mess until mid/late summer IMO.

The sales office is sold out of the 536 sq ft one bedrooms.. the last 2 on the 11th and 12th floors have sold 380k and 383k.

I was advised that units scheduled for occupancy in December have the option to push it out a few weeks to January (upon mutual agreement) this is mainly because of the holiday season and trades being off etc. However, if the purchaser wants their unit in December they will make arrangements for occupancy to happen. They should be on schedule after the new year.

Regardless, the building will be a mess until mid/late summer IMO.

The sales office is sold out of the 536 sq ft one bedrooms.. the last 2 on the 11th and 12th floors have sold 380k and 383k.

I was informed there are a small number of assignments (5-10 range) straight from the builder available. The real estate agent informed me that these are from insiders who wish to offload them. They are 1 bed/1+1s mid to high floors, all $700/sf+. Though we cannot see what price they are clearing at, I'm relatively confident they will be sold at $700+/sf (without parking/locker) in conjunction with TorontoMike$$'s comments. The caveat is that the lower floors (first 12 I believe) are 10 feet ceilings, and the units for assignment are 9 feet. Not sure if the floor premiums will offset the ceiling heights on the mid floors. Anybody know what the floor premium is for the L Tower? $1k/$2k?

On the plus side, I got a notice from the builder. There is an information session December 17/18 (pick one) around 7pm at Novotel, which is down the street from the L Tower.

Hi Wolf, I heard "construction delays" and the availability of trades in December is the root cause of the delay. I think they are having trouble with the top of the building.
The occupancies scheduled for December and January have been pushed out to March 31st. The occupancies in Feb and March have not been rescheduled yet, but I suspect they will be delayed 4-8 weeks.

Hi Wolf, I heard "construction delays" and the availability of trades in December is the root cause of the delay. I think they are having trouble with the top of the building.
The occupancies scheduled for December and January have been pushed out to March 31st. The occupancies in Feb and March have not been rescheduled yet, but I suspect they will be delayed 4-8 weeks.

I think your right ... I work sometimes near the L and I remember for about three months+ in the fall noticing almost no activity on the top of the tower. Most people at the base were working on the interiors only (based on the trucks I saw). They must have had some issues early on that they did not anticipate. Things are starting to proceed now, although still very slowly, but at least it is progressing. I guess this is a good thing because you want to have things done right on the most important and trickiest part, but it is painful to watch the last part taking so long ... especially when they are so close to the end.

Thanks for posting what you heard TorontoMike$$. This helps to anticipate another delay - I do hope though this is the last one. Ihope they address this during the info session.

Back