L Tower Condos (Cityzen, Castlepoint Realty, Fernbrook Homes) - Real Estate -

30 min must be needed to get the warm water to the suite (passed the regulator) without many tenants in the building.

Can't wait to see that view ! :)

30 min must be needed to get the warm water to the suite (passed the regulator) without many tenants in the building.
Normally the hot water is on a continuous loop in multi-unit buildings. One can certainly not be right on the loop but it should not take more than a few seconds to arrive. If it were an older building I would say that the lack of hot water was actually because your faucets are not plumbed properly or are defective but as it's a new building THAT could not be the reason. :->

Normally the hot water is on a continuous loop in multi-unit buildings. One can certainly not be right on the loop but it should not take more than a few seconds to arrive. If it were an older building I would say that the lack of hot water was actually because your faucets are not plumbed properly or are defective but as it's a new building THAT could not be the reason. :->

That's what I thought too. My current building has hot water running all the time so it's immediate. With that kind of system, it should not make a difference if you run the water for 10 minutes or 30 minutes, it should be that there either is a hot water loop or there isn't. Running water for a long time seems like it has to reach a reservoir of hot water somehow? I don't know how it works, but I think something is actually wrong.

K guys so I have to say the view from inside the building at night time is beautiful....

Hot water - I called customer service today and told them i've been running the tap for the past 3 days, 5-10 minutes each time and still no hot water.. they said you need to run it for at least 30 minutes to an hour to get it working... I will try over weekend and see if that helps.

Parking - Must book elevator for move in to get a temporary parking spot (assuming you bought a spot)..... Otherwise You'll be paying for parking at the Church lot everyday like I have been for the past 3 days.

PDI Damages - Though they may have fixed some of your items, be sure to check thoroughly for additional damages. My flooring was replaced, walls repainted, but they did a poor job when putting back the baseboard... Also I've noticed additional dents in my flooring, probably due to additional entries into the suite.

Yes the view from inside is amazing! I just hope the proposed development over the tracks next the Dominion Building gets delayed or kiboshed.

Have you tried to book your elevator yet? Do you just call First Residential? I haven't called yet, but I'll do it after Thanksgiving.

Congrats you guys for finally getting into your new condos.

Thx Benito!

Also, I tried the hot water tonight. It takes a couple of minutes but I did get hot water. I hope everyone else is getting hot water too.

Also tonight there was actually someone moved in next door. I could hear music when I was in the hallway coming from the door but when I was inside my unit I couldn't hear anything. That's a great sign.

Actually it makes sense that in a large building inhabited by so few at the moment that it would take a long time to get hot water. When there isn't a constant demand for hot water, it is sitting in the pipes cooling down. So if you need hot water all of that cooled water needs to clear out through your faucet before the freshly heated water finally comes out of your tap.

I'd love to see some photos of your spaces if you don't mind sharing.

Yes the view from inside is amazing! I just hope the proposed development over the tracks next the Dominion Building gets delayed or kiboshed.

Have you tried to book your elevator yet? Do you just call First Residential? I haven't called yet, but I'll do it after Thanksgiving.

Hot water works after running it for 20 minutes or so. I was told that there isn't enough usage right now for Hot water flow to be effective/efficient.

I have elevator booked, you can call the number and they will tell you the dates available. friendly people.

Just received another delay notice....LOL
Went from Nov 20 to end of Jan.
Was hoping to pass Christmas in there but i guess not.
Hopefully by then all the kinks has been worked out...fingers cross

Whoa! My latest delay was from October 22nd to October 29th. Im on the 36th floor. What floor are you on?

I hope so too ...

I'm in the same boat ... I really wanted Christmas too ... but i guess just not meant to be. :(
I went from Nov 19 to Jan 31.

I hope its not a harsh winter.

... on 50 mark_mal.

I hope so too ...

I'm in the same boat ... I really wanted Christmas too ... but i guess just not meant to be. :(
I went from Nov 19 to Jan 31.

I hope its not a harsh winter.

... on 50 mark_mal.

It's good for you... the building will be in much much better shape in January.... and you will pay much less occupancy fees.

I certainly hope it done by then, I am on 55...walked by but wasn't able to see much happening.
It raining so i guess that would be a good excuse for the "Extended occupancy delay"....lol!!!
Does anyone know how much is the occupancy fee?
Has anyone actually gotten a bill yet?

I certainly hope it done by then, I am on 55...walked by but wasn't able to see much happening.
It raining so i guess that would be a good excuse for the "Extended occupancy delay"....lol!!!
Does anyone know how much is the occupancy fee?
Has anyone actually gotten a bill yet?

Occupancy is maintenance + taxes (property?) + interest on your deferred owed balance.

Maintenance is 60 cents per sq feet + parking and locker if you have... I think parking + locker came to around 100 a month for me.

Interest is calculated at 3.25%(or something in that range) on your deferred balance for a year, so pretty much 75% of your purchase price, adjusted for the interest credit on the prior deposits over the 6-7 yr period.

so if you owe 300k, then its .0325 * 300k / 12

and then the tax, I recall this was in the $200 range a month.

Back