L Tower Condos (Cityzen, Castlepoint Realty, Fernbrook Homes) - Real Estate -

I'm having the same (awful) experience. I've been delayed from the 19th to the 26th (on a week's notice) and now the 29th (on two day's notice). I don't believe any of the dates they're providing are real.

Also, I'm not sure if they're actually going to move people in while there's still a giant hole on the south side of the building.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,076
It seems they can do whatever they want...

So my occupancy date was 2014-09-23 and on that same date, I received a fax, time stamped at 17:37 hours that extends my occupancy date to 2014-09-26.

I have since received another delay pushing it another 3 days.

I'm sure there are others like me, and I'm wondering if anyone has actually moved in or are they going to keep delaying 2-3 days until who knows when....

As I've written about ad nauseum, my dates keep getting pushed too, but always a day or two before the apparent closing. On your occupancy date, where on the same day you received a fax extending the date, did you actually 'close' with them and give them the rest of your downpayment and the proof of insurance, prepapp mortgage, etc? Or did you NOT do your side of the deal because it was delayed and so you're in the same holding pattern as the rest of us?

As I've written about ad nauseum, my dates keep getting pushed too, but always a day or two before the apparent closing. On your occupancy date, where on the same day you received a fax extending the date, did you actually 'close' with them and give them the rest of your downpayment and the proof of insurance, prepapp mortgage, etc? Or did you NOT do your side of the deal because it was delayed and so you're in the same holding pattern as the rest of us?

my date was for 9/23, and I have completed my end of the deal by 9/19(rest of down, insurance, mortgage, occupancy chqs etc...).

on Saturday my agent notified me that my unit is delayed by a week to 9/30. On Tuesday 9/23, I received mail at home, dated 9/19, that my occupancy has been delayed to 9/30.

talked to my lawyer, the occupancy cheques will be adjusted on final closing (since my cheques were written for the 8 days in September + 11 months)

Here i am today, 9/29, wondering if I'm even getting the keys tomorrow... Actually at this point I don't even know who to ask........

I'm having the same (awful) experience. I've been delayed from the 19th to the 26th (on a week's notice) and now the 29th (on two day's notice). I don't believe any of the dates they're providing are real.

Also, I'm not sure if they're actually going to move people in while there's still a giant hole on the south side of the building.View attachment 34381

I think I was there when you took this picture... I was down there on the 24th, and saw someone taking a pic of the south side, and said to myself... how am i supposed to move into this construction site when there's still a giant hole on the side of the building?

Hi all,

I finally got the keys. The delay letters you keep getting states that its due to construction delay, but if you've done your PDI then your place is ready. They did not fix anything after my pdi other than the dents identified in the hardwood floor. I guess they will fix the rest after occupancy.

Go through with your mortgage, post-dated cheques, insurance, etc. and once their lawyer receives that stuff from your lawyer, then they will call you and tell you your key is ready to be picked up. There were many other units ready as well.

There's absolutely no communication with them so the only thing you can do is get your side done.

Hi all,

I finally got the keys. The delay letters you keep getting states that its due to construction delay, but if you've done your PDI then your place is ready. They did not fix anything after my pdi other than the dents identified in the hardwood floor. I guess they will fix the rest after occupancy.

Go through with your mortgage, post-dated cheques, insurance, etc. and once their lawyer receives that stuff from your lawyer, then they will call you and tell you your key is ready to be picked up. There were many other units ready as well.

There's absolutely no communication with them so the only thing you can do is get your side done.

They called my lawyer TODAY to tell them I'm delayed to October 7...
the wait continues

They called my lawyer TODAY to tell them I'm delayed to October 7...
the wait continues

Yes, we have now also been delayed as well for another week. The delay notice arrived on the DAY OF CLOSING. And we thought getting notice two days before and then the day before was bad. My lawyer can't believe it. I am in the middle part of the building. Qlee, are you mid or higher? Are the people who have already received keys on the lower floors? Trying to figure out some kind of reason.

Yes, we have now also been delayed as well for another week. The delay notice arrived on the DAY OF CLOSING. And we thought getting notice two days before and then the day before was bad. My lawyer can't believe it. I am in the middle part of the building. Qlee, are you mid or higher? Are the people who have already received keys on the lower floors? Trying to figure out some kind of reason.

I'm in the high 20's. During my PDI, I have asked the rep and she said the occupancies are staggered and not by floor. Likely to do with who did/didn't sign the rental agreement/amendment.

Occupancy involves a lot of factors. For me, it was because they ran out of our flooring and had to wait until a new shipment arrived, so our PDI was delayed and then we were the last to move in on our floor. Units where the construction elevator was can also be occupied later.

I'm in the high 20's. During my PDI, I have asked the rep and she said the occupancies are staggered and not by floor. Likely to do with who did/didn't sign the rental agreement/amendment.

We are in the mid 20's as well with a similar odyssey... Our Occupancy Date has been moved from Sep 19 -> Sep 26 -> Oct 2 -> Oct 9 --this last delay was faxed this morning to our solicitor as we were completing our end of the process!

As we intend to occupy our unit and not rent it out, we did not sign the rental agreement/amendment. During our PDI (last Friday), we were told the reason for the delays was that they had not received the occupancy permit until earlier that same week. So, who really knows the truth :confused:

What will happen, if I put my unit on mls?

You don't officially own it yet, until the building is registered, so the most you could do is sell an assignment to your agreement. I don't know how that works, whether you can just put that on the MLS or not. I feel that we are prevented from doing that. You should consult a lawyer or at least a real estate agent who might know.

Just passed the L this morning. Saw some people come out walking their dog. Are some people already inside ?

To the folks who's occupancy date got pushed out a few weeks, what was the builders excuse?
Did you speak to your lawyer if you are entitled to any delay compensation from them?

Any word from the builder on when the building will be registered?
I prefer to start paying my mortgage than give the builder anymore of my money......has been tied up long enough with these folks at least let the bank take some of my interest....LOL

Back