King West Life in Liberty Village (Plazacorp) - Real Estate -

Ya ours wasn't too bad

that wasn't a sarcastic "good luck" lol

We have one item still on the list. everything else was fixed.

What sort of items did you have to get fixed? Just curious to know...

Also, Interested, Have you moved in already/taken occupancy?

It's not so bad. Lots of work in the first couple of years with performance audits, reviewing contracts, setting policy, etc. I'm kind of a nerd for governance so I actually *gasp* enjoy that part of it. Definitely some headaches but they come and go. At the least, be sure to attend the AGM and stay informed and involved so you can have a say on how the building is running!

I agree Interested! and support all of my 'concerns'! LOL! Shlammed you should join as well!

I agree Interested! and support all of my 'concerns'! LOL! Shlammed you should join as well!

I have no problem telling people to fix things

I don't think I want to be the one being told to fix things lol

What sort of items did you have to get fixed? Just curious to know...

Also, Interested, Have you moved in already/taken occupancy?

The big thing for us was the floor. There were areas which were chipped and other areas which were bouncing a lot more than they should. Laminate isn't secured to anything so it will have some natural bounce to it but if the concrete under it isn't even it will be noticeable. They ripped up a few areas throughout our place over a couple of days and replaced it all.

Also I'm happy to report that the carpet cleaning did get rid of a lot of the carpet stains...especially on my floor.

Hopefully that lasts a while...

Also I'm happy to report that the carpet cleaning did get rid of a lot of the carpet stains...especially on my floor.

Hopefully that lasts a while...

Sure hope so! I think owners need to make sure that their dogs are 'behaving' so to speak. As a Pet owner myself, I make sure that my guy is not doing anything he should not be doing!

Just a month more to go before I get the keys!

So I did the PDI today.
I have to say there were a few scratches on the cabinetry and a bit on the floor, a small blemish in the granite, and a plate missing covering the main water valve.
There was 1 loose panel at the base of the kitchen.
Overall, strikingly a very good PDI. As well, there was the handy guy there and doing more touch up and will finish most things off he says by tomorrow.
Frankly very impressive.

By the way, we were shown the 2 5 pin bowling alleys so I guess they are ready now. Pool is a bit small and I wonder as more people move in what will happen.

We take possession Sept 18th.

When I did my PDI, 3 people in pool. Likely on a nice summer day when totally occupied and a weekend, I think all the amenities may be stretched a bit.
Remains to be seen.

There is also a very active Facebook group for the Liberty Village Residents Association. As well, there are groups for dog owners and parents! It's a pretty vibrant community in LV

My son moved int KWL. For follow up re the PDI.
Most everything was fixed already and I have to say I am quite impressed again with Plazacorp's delivery. I find the sliding panels on the bedroom closets a bit on the cheap side but other than that, I must say they really delivered a good product it appears compared to some of the horror stories I have heard/seen elsewhere.

My son moved int KWL. For follow up re the PDI.
Most everything was fixed already and I have to say I am quite impressed again with Plazacorp's delivery. I find the sliding panels on the bedroom closets a bit on the cheap side but other than that, I must say they really delivered a good product it appears compared to some of the horror stories I have heard/seen elsewhere.

I think there has been a big push to finish 85. It took about 4 months for all our PDI items to be addressed but I admit that I didn't really push too hard to get them done. They also didn't try to fight me on anything I reported.

Actually when we did the PDI they had a handy guy there who was going to do a lot of the repairs that day and the next. It appears that happened so pretty much done before he moved in.

Actually when we did the PDI they had a handy guy there who was going to do a lot of the repairs that day and the next. It appears that happened so pretty much done before he moved in.

He was there for ours as well but our stuff wasn't for a handyman to fix.

Back