King West Life in Liberty Village (Plazacorp) - Real Estate -

haha, I'm happy to share what I know and have learned through experience, but I'm busy enough with one board :)

haha, I'm happy to share what I know and have learned through experience, but I'm busy enough with one board :)
Thank you for your willingness to share.

However Pink Lucy, you are in the army and you have just been "volunteered" to serve on our board.

Hmm I will have to go look at it again this week.

Do you know if the elevators are fob controlled? And does the condo already have a board set up?

Lobbies in 65 and 85 are the same. 75 is different and is the largest I'm assuming because it's the building that has everything else in it...who knows.

Parking: There are two entrances. Entering 65 parking off of Pirandello has no garage door to go to customer service and one level down to visitor parking. There is then a FOB controlled garage door to get into resident parking. There is also an entrance from 85 which is a FOB controlled door and is resident only parking. Either which way you go in, once you're into the secure area it's all connected.

Board: building has registered but no board as of yet.

Read more posts...

Elevators: No FOB control at all right now
Security: I haven't had any issues myself. There is a concierge at each lobby entrance PLUS separate security guards who patrol the grounds.

One reason I like LV is because it differs from being right dead centre king west in the sense that all the partying isn't happening right on the sidewalk below you. I mean sure there are places to get hammered in LV but I rarely walk the streets at night and see people doing stupid things.

In other words, I like how LV is in it's own little "pocket" of the city.

Lobbies in 65 and 85 are the same. 75 is different and is the largest I'm assuming because it's the building that has everything else in it...who knows.

Parking: There are two entrances. Entering 65 parking off of Pirandello has no garage door to go to customer service and one level down to visitor parking. There is then a FOB controlled garage door to get into resident parking. There is also an entrance from 85 which is a FOB controlled door and is resident only parking. Either which way you go in, once you're into the secure area it's all connected.

Board: building has registered but no board as of yet.

So what you are saying is we should have bought in 75. Nicer lobby...all the amenities...etc.?
I kind of like our westerly view in 85 though...get lots of sun and the lake...at least for now.

So what you are saying is we should have bought in 75. Nicer lobby...all the amenities...etc.?
I kind of like our westerly view in 85 though...get lots of sun and the lake...at least for now.

nope

you can get to all the amenities without leaving your building

I think the 2nd floors have a connection and I'm assuming the 1st floors do as well.

nope

I think the 2nd floors have a connection and I'm assuming the 1st floors do as well.

sorry, I meant without stepping OUTSIDE.

nope

I believe it is through the 2nd or 3rd floor as I recall the design. However, this is 5 year old memory so don't put too much credence to it. I don't think you can interconnect on the main floor through the inside but I could well be wrong.

By the way, we are slated for PDI on Thursday.

No, I am afraid I won't. Much too much work and lots of headaches. I admire Pink Lucy but as far as jobs....I wouldn't want to be her.
It's not so bad. Lots of work in the first couple of years with performance audits, reviewing contracts, setting policy, etc. I'm kind of a nerd for governance so I actually *gasp* enjoy that part of it. Definitely some headaches but they come and go. At the least, be sure to attend the AGM and stay informed and involved so you can have a say on how the building is running!

I believe it is through the 2nd or 3rd floor as I recall the design. However, this is 5 year old memory so don't put too much credence to it. I don't think you can interconnect on the main floor through the inside but I could well be wrong.

By the way, we are slated for PDI on Thursday.

good luck!

my biggest issue with the place right now is dog owners

I'm a dog owner myself...so not a knock on owners specifically...but in some areas it's pretty obvious that people's dogs have marked on the carpet.

They should have used the same carpet that they have on the 2nd floor everywhere because it's at least dark and would hide it.

Anyway, carpet cleaners are here for the next few days so hopefully a lot of it is taken out.

Also, in the 75 lobby, no idea why they would stop the tile floor and put a large patch of carpet. IF they just tiled it all, they wouldn't have this issue with all the dogs walking in/out everyday.

good luck!

My experience with the last Plazacorp building was pretty good. Had about 14 things on a list and most were done before we took possession (which occurs Sept 18th in this building).
I believe you said your PDI was quite satisfactory, was it not?

My experience with the last Plazacorp building was pretty good. Had about 14 things on a list and most were done before we took possession (which occurs Sept 18th in this building).
I believe you said your PDI was quite satisfactory, was it not?

Ya ours wasn't too bad

that wasn't a sarcastic "good luck" lol

We have one item still on the list. everything else was fixed.

Back