News   Jul 16, 2024
 331     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 502     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 621     2 

King Street (Streetcar Transit Priority)

I honestly couldn't care less about the ice sculptures. I actually find them hilarious, maybe just my sense of humour. But one thing is for sure, they've managed to get more coverage and people talking about them because of all the twitter warriors and social media reposts of their images. No news is bad news. If you really wanted to let it pass by just ignore it, don't go to the restaurants that have these sculptures up. Every article and op-ed that comes up talking about it only further emboldens them to come up with the next outlandish gesture...completely misdirecting the conversation away from the real issues. But the constant echo chamber of condescension on both sides of this issue is making everyone look bad.

I don't know. Absurd languages and behaviors seem more tolerable in the restaurant business. Remember the Gordon Ramsey shows?

I actually don't understand why they are doing this.

Their campaign is basically driving people away because they are broadcasting loudly that King is a mess: stay away!
If anything, they sure make it easy for me to know who do avoid doing business with.
I just posted a review on-line for Z-teca stating that I've never tried them, but purely on the basis of their being pro-King Pilot, I now will. And I wrote that in the review. I encourage others to do the same. Plus their food and presentation looks excellent. No matter how well-off I am, I feel ill at ease at pretentious restaurants. I'm there next time I'm downtown.

Would you be changed if you knocked the sculptures over "accidentally"?
"Changed"? You might wake up as a prince, except for all the finger pointing...

I'm surprised that nobody has smashed the ice sculptures. They're an awfully easy, and tempting, target.

I'm surprised that nobody has smashed the ice sculptures. They're an awfully easy, and tempting, target.
Maybe best to leave them there as evidence of what kind of a stupid idiot is running the Kit Kat and how it would be best NOT to patronise it. Of course, the warming temperature will soon get rid of them.

Maybe best to leave them there as evidence of what kind of a stupid idiot is running the Kit Kat and how it would be best NOT to patronise it. Of course, the warming temperature will soon get rid of them.
Odd though, that they are such Trudeau lovers ...

...which is ironic, as I'd bet my life I could guess Mr. Kat's stance on climate change.

Reactions: DSC
No doubt Mr Kat would prefer to see 1961 again; the car was king in those days! The car wash was succeeded by a surface parking lot and is now TIFF Bell Lightbox.

kit-kat.jpg

Attachments

• kit-kat.jpg
    kit-kat.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 313

Back