King East Condos (Lamb Development, Hyde Park, Sher Corp ) - Real Estate -

So how's everything going, KingEasters? So my neighbors above have moved in. How would I know that? Cuz it sounds like a bloody stampede. I've never experienced anything quite like this and I've lived in condos most of my life. It's as if the place was built with paper.

So how's everything going, KingEasters? So my neighbors above have moved in. How would I know that? Cuz it sounds like a bloody stampede. I've never experienced anything quite like this and I've lived in condos most of my life. It's as if the place was built with paper.

That has happened to me before where I knew my upstairs neighbour was female. She would walk on her heels in her bedroom and you could hear every thing. This is what you get when you have cheap neighbours who can't afford a carpet/rug for their bedroom and refuse to take off their shoes at the front of the door. I am just wondering if any rules are going to be enforced in this building, as I recall a provision in the disclosure that refers that each resident must live in a quiet environment and not to disturb other residents in the building.

Given the likelihood that we are near the downtown core, the amount of self-absorbed people is high and following the rules is probably close to nil. I am just curious to what kind of board of directors we are going to get when the building finally registers and if they are going to enforce any rules.

That has happened to me before where I knew my upstairs neighbour was female. She would walk on her heels in her bedroom and you could hear every thing. This is what you get when you have cheap neighbours who can't afford a carpet/rug for their bedroom and refuse to take off their shoes at the front of the door. I am just wondering if any rules are going to be enforced in this building, as I recall a provision in the disclosure that refers that each resident must live in a quiet environment and not to disturb other residents in the building.

Given the likelihood that we are near the downtown core, the amount of self-absorbed people is high and following the rules is probably close to nil. I am just curious to what kind of board of directors we are going to get when the building finally registers and if they are going to enforce any rules.

I'm not sure if it has to do with beign self-absorbed or even if carpeting would help. I think it has to do with either the wood floors or how the building is constructed. I find that wood projects a lot of sound. I think this all gets resolved by builders doing a better job with construction (yea right) or residents wearing rubber slippers which absorb a lot of the impact. Pretty sure they're completely unaware of the noise they're causing so hard for me to really blame them yet. Makes me wonder how much noise I make. Yikes!

I did have a neighbor that would wear heels in my last condo. That was kinda douchebagish! Still pales in comparison to here, though. Hopefullly things will work themselves out.

I'm not sure if it has to do with beign self-absorbed or even if carpeting would help. I think it has to do with either the wood floors or how the building is constructed. I find that wood projects a lot of sound. I think this all gets resolved by builders doing a better job with construction (yea right) or residents wearing rubber slippers which absorb a lot of the impact. Pretty sure they're completely unaware of the noise they're causing so hard for me to really blame them yet. Makes me wonder how much noise I make. Yikes!

I did have a neighbor that would wear heels in my last condo. That was kinda douchebagish! Still pales in comparison to here, though. Hopefullly things will work themselves out.

Actually, carpeting does work when you wear high heels. It really limits the sound when walking. Carpeting is a good alternative to use when builders don't use cork floors before they lay down the hardwood floors. The cork would reduce any noise or vibration. I think majority of condo builders now do not use cork flooring as it would be too expensive to have. Hope your neighbours either get slippers or carpeting for their unit.

Well, one way to ensure the Board is responsive is to run for election. Look at the Condominium Act where it states (Section 42) "Subject to subsection (7), the first board shall call and hold a meeting of owners by the later of,

(a) the 30th day after the day by which the declarant has transferred 20 per cent of the units in the corporation; and

(b) the 90th day after the declarant transfers the first unit in the corporation. 1998, c. 19, s. 42 (6)."

Actually, carpeting does work when you wear high heels. It really limits the sound when walking. Carpeting is a good alternative to use when builders don't use cork floors before they lay down the hardwood floors. The cork would reduce any noise or vibration. I think majority of condo builders now do not use cork flooring as it would be too expensive to have. Hope your neighbours either get slippers or carpeting for their unit.

I agree that carpeting helps, it just depends on the type of carpeting. If you're a larger person that walks on your heels, carpeting won't help that much. Doesn't absorb enough of the impact. Best thing would be foam slippers.

What do you think of the lobby so far? I don't know how I feel about all the black.

I agree that carpeting helps, it just depends on the type of carpeting. If you're a larger person that walks on your heels, carpeting won't help that much. Doesn't absorb enough of the impact. Best thing would be foam slippers.

What do you think of the lobby so far? I don't know how I feel about all the black.

I like black, but not for the walls. It's too dark, especially if you don't have something to counter it. Normally, you would get lighter accents with a black background to disrupt the continuity and make the room look larger. I think its the current trend now to have this. Not a big fan if they are going to do the same treatment for all of the hallways. I wished the builder spent the money on the workmanship in the units than having black marble in the hallways.

As for the heels, it doesn't matter if the person is large or not. It depends on the heels. Ever hear stilettos hitting the floor at 2 am in the morning after the Caribbean Festival, where the person decides not to take off them and walks for 15 min around the room. Not fun at all.

late occupancy forms

I like black, but not for the walls. It's too dark, especially if you don't have something to counter it. Normally, you would get lighter accents with a black background to disrupt the continuity and make the room look larger. I think its the current trend now to have this. Not a big fan if they are going to do the same treatment for all of the hallways. I wished the builder spent the money on the workmanship in the units than having black marble in the hallways.

As for the heels, it doesn't matter if the person is large or not. It depends on the heels. Ever hear stilettos hitting the floor at 2 am in the morning after the Caribbean Festival, where the person decides not to take off them and walks for 15 min around the room. Not fun at all.

has anyone filled out late occupancy forms and filed with tarion and heard back from lamb?

I can't imagine the walls would be black..maybe white to go with the black/white motif in the lobby. Or maybe they'll go with a dark grey. Is that really black marble? I agree though, they can keep the tiles and give probably better entry doors (wood?) and better workmanship inside the units.

Yea, the heels topic I agree with you. But high heels aren't my issue. It's just a heavy footed person in bare feet most likely who stomps around. Think it's more so an issue with the construction (underpad under the floors) than it is with my neighbor.

Spreadin' the word. If you are a resident or an owner at the King East, you're invited to a Happy Hour meet-n-greet hosted by Prologue Lifestyle (boutique spa at street level downstairs). **please note the owners conveyed to me that this invite is ONLY extended to owners and residents of the King East. Be sure to RSVP (it's free, don't worry) at http://330king.eventbrite.ca/
prologue-happyhour.jpg

Attachments

• prologue-happyhour.jpg
    prologue-happyhour.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 338
I can't imagine the walls would be black..maybe white to go with the black/white motif in the lobby. Or maybe they'll go with a dark grey. Is that really black marble? I agree though, they can keep the tiles and give probably better entry doors (wood?) and better workmanship inside the units.

Yea, the heels topic I agree with you. But high heels aren't my issue. It's just a heavy footed person in bare feet most likely who stomps around. Think it's more so an issue with the construction (underpad under the floors) than it is with my neighbor.

Not sure if it is marble, but it's definitely some sort of tiling. Just not sure what is their plan to put in the hallways, as they already established the black tile near the elevators and around the doorways. I am just curious if they are going to match the style to what is in the lobby. Perhaps, the wood paneling at the top where the sconces are suppose to be? Either way, they are probably matching the design features that are outside of the building, ie north and west side of the building with the black and white motif.

So I submitted my deficiency list (pretty last minute, down to the wire ha)...

About 30 deficiencies were listed, though I probably missed a few very minor issues but that's fine as I can fix them myself. The biggest & most important ones were:

- bedroom doors not installed
- half of my electrical outlets don't have the covers put on.
- A tile in my bathtub was not cut properly for the faucet, and they used a sealant to close it. Looks FUGLY.
- My balcony door is not sealed 100% at the top and it causes this howling noise on windy nights... makes me feel like I'm on a farm in the middle of the night and we're hunkering down for the winter.
- paint on the ceilings & concrete walls, mostly around the edges.

I'm really happy with this condo, the area's amazing, I love my layout, and everything else... Definitely a happy owner. Yes, it's still a construction zone, yes there are lots of deficiencies, but all in all it's a great building and I think I will live here for a while.

I might hit up that meet & greet at the spa...

They've started painting the hallways. Dark Grey.

bad neighbour, it's a nice building but I think the execution was poor. Nice design and materials but the construction has been poor IMO. The lack of quality control is also concerning. Feels like a lot of the stuff was done by handymen and not actual trades...just my opinion.

They've started painting the hallways. Dark Grey.

bad neighbour, it's a nice building but I think the execution was poor. Nice design and materials but the construction has been poor IMO. The lack of quality control is also concerning. Feels like a lot of the stuff was done by handymen and not actual trades...just my opinion.

I agree 100%. The execution was poor, communication bad, construction not the best, and QA? There's no QA. You are the QA, I am the QA... the quality control was probably the most annoying part. Having said that, I still think it's a great building and the materials are great quality. Once all the issues are sorted out then everything will look nicer, but yeah the process was annoying.

I couldn't imagine how people who rent or were moving in from another owned property would do this, what with the ever moving target date being literally undefined until they finally call you and tell you that you can pick up your keys. I had to move back to my folks' place to save enough money so for me the occupancy date wasn't a big deal.

I'm generally more positive about the whole thing though because I just expected the worst process, but a good place once everything has been fixed. I will be sending out an email to the developer once everything is finished to give them some tips from the customer's perspective. I think it's the nature of the beast... the way the rules are setup and all that, this is why the dates are all over the place and the communication sucks.

Back