King East Condos (Lamb Development, Hyde Park, Sher Corp ) - Real Estate -

Did they wait until the end of the day to notify you?

Yep. I was told less than 24 hours before my PDI that it would be delayed because my unit wasn't ready. Then when I had my PDI my unit was nowhere close to ready. Apparently I don't need to have power in my bedroom.

I left messages for both Marisa and Debbie. Neither called me back. Guess I have to wait and see.

What floor are you on? All of 14th got bumped back 5 days. Also if you can I would go to their office and see about talking to someone in person.

I finally got confirmation for my PDI from Debbie yesterday, even though she told me that they would call me back in the morning. I guess they are doing last minute things before I come in to look. Not sure what to expect, but having very low expectations at this point.

I finally got confirmation for my PDI from Debbie yesterday, even though she told me that they would call me back in the morning. I guess they are doing last minute things before I come in to look. Not sure what to expect, but having very low expectations at this point.

Cool, good luck! I walked by the building today and I see that kitchen elements were installed but no appliances just yet. Also dry wall looks to be in place as well which is cool so I think they will make my 17th of Dec date.

A piece of advice for all... when you go to your PDI, don't expect the unit to be 100% finished. When you move in, don't expect it to be 100% finished. The finishes are very high quality and I am personally in love with my place, aside from all of the deficiencies & a few incomplete items. At the end of the day, it's going to be a beautiful place! Try not to shorten your lifespan by stressing out over things you do not have control over...

Get all your paperwork in on time (I still have to submit my deficiency list), and just play the game as its meant to be played. Don't stress, and just record all delays and communications, preferably in a spreadsheet and let your lawyer know everything.

*Note: If you're not moving from your parent's place, or you're renting and have to coordinate "end of the month" rent, or have to sell another place... you are crazy. :)

...I've been here a month and still no power in my bedroom.

I believe parking is assigned when you occupy. When I got my keys the guy asked me if I had parking and had a sheet with what I believe were spots. There's so much disorganization you could probably claim a spot that you didn't even purchase.

Try some of the switches around your bedroom, as in my unit they control the power to my ceiling cap.

When I took occupancy I had a locker & parking spot assigned to me. They also recently installed a gate right after the visitor parking...

ALSO... AND THIS IS IMPORTANT!

It's technically LEGAL to park in front of the parking garage doors at this time of writing, as far as I was informed, because the garage has not been registered yet, and the parking signs have not been updated. Don't be surprised if you're coming out of the garage and you're blocked. This happened to my sister when she was helping me out with a few things.

I tried the switches and nothing. I wondered if maybe I had to flip the breaker or something, but any help I asked for to address this has been ignored. Right now I just don't have the energy to bitch to them about everything. I'll pick it up after Christmas.

I got my PDI on 19th of December and Occupancy is now on the 20th for 14th floor. Last time I looked I could see I was missing fridge from the street but microwave and stove were installed.

I had my PDI last week and had a couple of questions about the bathroom. Under the cabinet, there is a hole for the shut-off valve for the water. Should there be a covering over the hole? Normally, the shut-off valve should be higher and is normally covered by the cabinet. Also, are they providing a shower curtain rod or shower doors? I was told that they do not supply either.

I really had low expectations coming into this PDI. You guys were right about the quality of the finishes, but the workmanship for some things is horrible. I still cannot believe how they cut the tiles for the backsplash. The tiles underneath the cabinetry were not cut properly, as they used the hand tool and not the standard tile cutter. Seriously, did they really think no one would notice it because they thought the microwave would block the view?

Back