King East Condos (Lamb Development, Hyde Park, Sher Corp ) - Real Estate -

Here's another question...

What height are everyone's switches at? Mine are much lower than seems to be standard... they're like at hip height? I'll have to measure exactly but it feels unnatural. The person who did my PDI said that is a new standard height but it's just... weird.

What height are everyone's switches at? Mine are much lower than seems to be standard... they're like at hip height? I'll have to measure exactly but it feels unnatural. The person who did my PDI said that is a new standard height but it's just... weird.

Unless you're 7' tall, that's too low.

Unless you're 7' tall, that's too low.

Do you know where I could find the official standard for Ontario? One of them is in the concrete and that would be a massive job to move, not to mention it would look like shit afterwards (and they would probably say no).

For those who recently had their PDI's, did the LDC office call you to schedule it, or did you talk to George? My occupancy closing date is for this Tuesday and I haven't heard a peep from them about the PDI.

For those who recently had their PDI's, did the LDC office call you to schedule it, or did you talk to George? My occupancy closing date is for this Tuesday and I haven't heard a peep from them about the PDI.

My advice... just keep a record of all the dates, keep in touch with your lawyer, and have a glass of wine. You'll probably be called two days before your occupancy date and your place will have a few things that are unfinished. You will see lots of defects but don't let that stress you out either. That's what pdi is for. Also when they schedule the time, I suggest you go when its light out so you can see everything. And don't yell at the PDI lady, its not her fault. ;)

This is the reality I had to deal with and I was determined not to let it get to me. There isn't anything you can do except let your lawyer know for potential returns on certain things.

Last edited:

A belated answer to your post.

Switches at hip height are purposely placed lower to give physically challenged individuals access to them. I got my unit in RoCP1 in July 2006. A few, but not all, switches are at hip height.

I've been reaching out to LDC for four days and I am going through same song and dance I had to go through when I was trying to do PDI for another person. Marissa is simply not getting back to me to give me any info. I need to know in advance so I can make sure that I have enough time in the day to do it. I mean it is simply rtarded behaviour. Also George is done working on that site as far as I understand.

I've been reaching out to LDC for four days and I am going through same song and dance I had to go through when I was trying to do PDI for another person. Marissa is simply not getting back to me to give me any info. I need to know in advance so I can make sure that I have enough time in the day to do it. I mean it is simply rtarded behaviour. Also George is done working on that site as far as I understand.

I am in the same boat as I had scheduled a PDI with George previously and no one showed up on the day of the appointment. They did not even acknowledged that an appointment was set up on that day. People from the LDC office did not respond back to me on why they had no record of the appointment. I need to know in advance because most of us actually have lives and have jobs! I really do not understand how the builder expects to do the occupancy closing when I haven't seen the unit yet.

Also, for those who were assigned parking and/or a locker, did they give you this information on the day of the PDI? Did they mention the method they use to assign these things?

It's a joke. A complete joke. My stress level was so high during the PDI process you have no idea. Having to work while having to organize your move and then getting delays every few days...then setting up the PDI is nerve racking. I got my PDI date like 2 days before occupancy. Then occupancy got delayed like 3 times after.

I've been here a month and still no power in my bedroom.

I believe parking is assigned when you occupy. When I got my keys the guy asked me if I had parking and had a sheet with what I believe were spots. There's so much disorganization you could probably claim a spot that you didn't even purchase.

So occupancy for 14th floor got moved again this time to 17th of December from 12th. That is less than a week of notification time.

I'm assuming that my closing date will be on the 11th still. No one has contacted me yet in regards to the PDI yet, and left messages at the LDC office. I heard they had their Xmas party on Friday. Nice priorities there.

I'm assuming that my closing date will be on the 11th still. No one has contacted me yet in regards to the PDI yet, and left messages at the LDC office. I heard they had their Xmas party on Friday. Nice priorities there.

Still a chance it could get cancelled. My PDI got cancelled the day before along with my occupancy.

Back