King East Condos (Lamb Development, Hyde Park, Sher Corp ) - Real Estate -

The last notice said the move in date was March 2011, but of course that will not be the case! If I am right, I think the next time they need to send out a notice is 90 days before the move in date - so not till the next year? This is brutal.

/\
You're right Courtney, it's really a pain not having a realistic date. It is understood that there are many unknowns in the construction process but it would be far better to have an honest stab at an occupancy date than a hyper-optimistic one that keeps getting pushed. March 2012 is of course utterly impossible.

However now that the sub-grade work is almost done it should be much easier to give a realistic timeframe.

Are you folks at 5nine listening?

My guess is that first occupancies at the Kingeast will commence 12-14 months from now, so approx. Jan 2013. Anybody else willing to wager a guess?

This estimate is based on the construction progress of similar completed projects. Refer to my a post a few pages back giving some milestone dates for Lamb Dev Corp's - East Lofts which is very comparable in scope. (Post # 258 of Kingeast Proj&Const thread)

Last edited:
I usually add a couple years to whatever occupancy date builders give. When I purchased 1 1/2 years ago, I figured occupancy would be sometime late 2012...early 2013. The excavation took a really long time though...I don't think they anticipated that. We'll see how fast this baby grows once both sides are a floor or 2 above ground. It's a smaller floorplate and a pretty basic design.

Selling?

Has anyone looked into selling their condo? We aren't sure what we want to do - i want to buy something else in the mean time, and weighing out both options of holding on to this one and moving in/selling/or renting when its ready vs. selling now and being done with it. of course I am not sure if you are even able to?

Has anyone looked into selling their condo? We aren't sure what we want to do - i want to buy something else in the mean time, and weighing out both options of holding on to this one and moving in/selling/or renting when its ready vs. selling now and being done with it. of course I am not sure if you are even able to?

You'd probably have to talk to the builder. I actually had an assignment clause written into my agreement. It depends what you bought and how much you paid for it, but I think this is a good investment. The area has already changed quite a bit over the last year or so and it's going to be changing even more when you consider all the new stuff going up. I'd think long and hard before selling...unless you have to of course.

I purchased a condo at The King East and wondered if anyone else has received an updated occupancy date yet? The last one I have says I move in on March 15, 2012, but that obviously won't be happening. :) Even May looks a bit optimistic, haha.

I haven't received any correspondence regarding an updated occupancy date as of yet, and my move-in date is March 1, 2012. Has any one else heard any thing?

I haven't received any correspondence regarding an updated occupancy date as of yet, and my move-in date is March 1, 2012. Has any one else heard any thing?

Haven't heard anything but I think we're about a year away from occupancy give or take a month or two.

Yes I saw it and I like it. Sort of a dark charcoal with a slight gunmetal bluish tone. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but I learned today that the warm side of those same mullions will be white. They have also begun to install the white precast to the exterior. The sequencing requires that the precast in certain places has to be in place prior to the window wall. CMU (masnonry) backing which goes behind the brick pilasters is also being installed behind the white shroud on level 2.

And, I heard from a (more) reliable source that the expected date first occupancies will begin is late September - October for the first floor through to November - December by the time it gets to the top floor.

Last edited:
So the interior mullions are going to be white? That's sorta disappointing. I was hoping they'd be the same charcoal color.

Like this:
0168li2_20.jpeg

I guess we'll get something like this:
44988nc_20.jpeg

Arrgh, did you have to do that? I was hoping that the designers were seeing something that I was missing. As a rule I prefer black mullions. They tend to disappear better against the sky and look more slender. Maybe, just maybe they will be using different interior mullion colours in different locations (this particular window was in a recessed unit). Or maybe there is white protective plastic on the inside. Closer inspection and updates to come...

Arrgh, did you have to do that? I was hoping that the designers were seeing something that I was missing. As a rule I prefer black mullions. They tend to disappear better against the sky and look more slender. Maybe, just maybe they will be using different interior mullion colours in different locations (this particular window was in a recessed unit). Or maybe there is white protective plastic on the inside. Closer inspection and updates to come...

Hopefully we'll get the dark mullions. I don't think I've seen a Lamb project with white mullions. *fingers crossed*

Model suite had greyish interior mullions
1.jpeg

Guess we'll see.

Back