News   Jul 26, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.7K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.6K     3 

Keir Starmers' United Kingdom

Boris to offer 3M Hong Kong residents a path to British Citizenship if China doesn't back down on security law.

I wonder how the Anti-immigration Brexiters feel about this? Is Boris still their hero?

Hmmm

George Floyd death: Protesters tear down slave trader statue

June 7, 2020

A slave trader's statue in Bristol has been torn down and thrown into the harbour during a second day of anti-racism protests across the UK.

It comes after largely peaceful demonstrations in London on Saturday ended in some clashes with police.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Cressida Dick urged protesters to find another way to make their views heard.

But thousands of protesters massed for a second day outside the US embassy in London before moving towards Whitehall.

Other protests have been taking place in Manchester, Wolverhampton, Nottingham, Glasgow and Edinburgh.

In Bristol, protesters used ropes to pull down the bronze statue of Edward Colston, a prominent 17th Century slave trader, who has been a source of controversy in the city for many years.

Aviation, tourism groups protest UK's 14-day quarantine

June 8, 2020

LONDON — Britain began imposing a 14-day quarantine Monday on travellers coming into the country, months after other European countries imposed similar measures to control the spread of the coronavirus.

The quarantine was roundly criticized by the aviation and tourism industries, with many questioning its timing. Critics say its introduction has come too late to be useful, and some doubted it could be effectively enforced.

Ryanair chief executive Michael O’Leary called the quarantine a “political stunt” and argued that it will cause “untold devastation” for the country’s tourism industry, not just for the airlines.

Boris to offer 3M Hong Kong residents a path to British Citizenship if China doesn't back down on security law.

GOOD! Screw the CCP!

In fact. This should have been extended to them well before the murderous CCP dogs ( I do this so they tag me...if they can, the swine) made clear their dishonesty. Never trust a disciple of Marx or Hitler.

Last edited by a moderator:
Black Lives Matter protests: UK far-right groups clash with police

There were scuffles on Saturday in the UK capital, where far-right groups had traveled saying they wanted to "defend" statues and memorials.

Extreme right-wing protesters, some brandishing neo-Nazi regalia, clashed with police as officers tried to separate them from anti-racism demonstrators.

uk - eu.png

Indecisive much?

Coronavirus: UK 'on knife edge' ahead of lockdown easing, scientist warns

June 28, 2020

Sir Jeremy Farrar said he is "worried" about a surge in cases ahead of pubs and restaurants reopening next month.

Home Secretary Priti Patel said people have to be "conscientious" about the risk of a second wave.

She said the city of Leicester could face a localised lockdown after a rise in cases.

Sir Jeremy, a member of the government's Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) and director of the Wellcome Trust, has warned there could be a "very nasty rebound" of the virus in the winter.

He told the BBC's Andrew Marr Show: "We're on a knife edge, it's very precarious the situation, particularly in England at the moment, and I would anticipate we would see an increase in new cases over the coming weeks."

Twitter thread here......its a bit long but rather amusing.

I can't speak to its veracity, but don't know why anyone would make this up.

Its about a Brit couple who have just learned that Brexit (which they supported) will mean they can't retire in France.

Back