News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 452     0 

John Street Roundhouse: Toronto Railway Heritage Centre, Steam Whistle, The Rec Room

@EastYorkTTCFan why are you opposed to this? It's entertainment. Tourists will go to this, I look forward to checking it out as well. Makes way more sense than a Leon's.
Because Arcades are being removed everywhere else. I just don't get why anyone would want to go to place like this. It may be popular in Edmonton but there big attraction is a giant mall with a waterpark and amusement park in it.b The reason Leons was there was they figured that the condos in the area would need furniture. I just think this new thing is an inappropriate use of the space. Something like this should be put into one of the buildings at the Exhibition grounds or Ontario Place.

@EastYorkTTCFan It's more than just an arcade - and the entertainment landscape has changed and continues to change. There is big demand for this type of thing right now and Cineplex has plans to roll these out across Canada. As for location, the spot seems perfect - outside of the main residential/commercial area and close to Rogers Centre, Ripley's, ACC, and so on.

@EastYorkTTCFan It's more than just an arcade - and the entertainment landscape has changed and continues to change. There is big demand for this type of thing right now and Cineplex has plans to roll these out across Canada. As for location, the spot seems perfect - outside of the main residential/commercial area and close to Rogers Centre, Ripley's, ACC, and so on.
So because you and other people like it I'm not allowed to state my opinion that I don't like it. I'm sure it will be great for people that like that kind of stuff. I don't I also don't think it will do well and we will see something else come into that space in a few years.

I visited recently and absolutely loved the place. It was lively, fun, and not as expensive as I had expected. the location couldn't be more appropriate. This place is a gem and a win for tourists and locals alike. I can't believe anyone would rather have a Leon's here. The Rec Room has made the space much more accessible to a wider audience than Leon's ever could. My only wish is that the arcade should've been bigger.

P.S. if you're a fan of motorsports/Formula 1, their simulator is fantastic!

So because you and other people like it I'm not allowed to state my opinion that I don't like it. I'm sure it will be great for people that like that kind of stuff. I don't I also don't think it will do well and we will see something else come into that space in a few years.
What do you mean by "not allowed to state my opinion"? You're stating it, and that's fine, but other people are allowed not to agree with your opinion.

I have been there twice since it opened and it seems to be quite the success. I think it's the perfect location for this type of venue. There is an arcade section, a sports bar, 3 or 4 restaurants, a stage for bands and comedy improv, private lounges for corporate/private parties, a good size patio with an excellent view of the city and so forth. I was there Saturday afternoon and it was packed.

From when it first opened:
IMG_20170701_1315243_zpsrwcajyrd.jpg

IMG_20170701_1318285_zpslwho0jjv.jpg

Last edited:
Yes this is proving to already be a hangout for locals living in CityPlace and Southcore. Not to mention is across the street from some of the City's biggest tourist attractions. Great addition to the neighbourhood, it really is in the perfect spot.

Back