News   Aug 30, 2024
 2.6K     2 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 2.4K     0 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 612     0 

Jan. 25 Forum: Tall Buildings - Who is Planning Our City?

Re: Cover story from today's Eye (When Condos Attack!)

Hey, I might as well go. Could be fun.

Why not say meet at the Second Cup at Church and Front at between 6:45 and 7 - we head over at 7:15.

I plan on going and will try to drop in Second Cup... although I have no idea what anyone of you look like...

I'll be wearing a grey coat, blue pants, dark brown hair that needs a cut, glasses. I'll recognize Interchange and Archivist.

I'll try to get to Second Cup - if I don't, I'll look for Sean Marshall, Esq. May have another friend with me...

I'm doing the William Pederson thing at the Ritz from 6-8 and will come to this afterward.

Re: Jan. 25 Forum: Tall Buildings - Who is Planning Our Cit

I will be there tonight. Hell, it's that or the gym.

The best part was the lady telling everyone that we are going to be responsible for thousands of deaths in Toronto when everyone in these high rise towers burns like grass.

She went on to say that Boston was a ticking time bomb and everyone was going to die and that Chicago was going to sink into the ground.

That was pretty funny. Where do these people come from?

towering_big2.jpg

Why do they keep building them so high?

The one NIMBY I really liked was the old lady that was part of the Queens Quay residents association, proclaiming how she lives in and loves tall buildings but wanted the city to step in and have the developers of the Maple Leaf condos to reduce their hieght, and seperate the towers further apart.

Other then that most of the panal was pro-tall buildings, Mayor Miller was a bonus as was the turnout. Full house 497 seats full plus those standing.

Was it just me or did I see Councillor Jane Pitfield in the audience as well? It seemed like she was standing around one of the microphones and had something to say as well but they ran out of time.

I enjoyed the presentations, but left when the crazy lady from Ecuador spoke of Boston. There's a point where I can't take it any more.

She went on to say that Boston was a ticking time bomb and everyone was going to die and that Chicago was going to sink into the ground.

I saw a report that Boston really is a ticking timebomb but it had more to do with natural gas carrying ships in the port rather than the highrises. There is probably some truth to Chicago sinking into the ground but the timeline for that probably doesn't require any urgent response. :)

I got there slightly late and it was too packed (I hate being latecomer who tries to get to lone middle seat), so I went to the gym.

Pitfield was there though, yes.

Sure, Boston's a ticking timebomb. And this building's gonna blow placenta all over the place
pregnantbuilding.jpg

Back