News   Oct 04, 2024
 2.2K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 4.1K     5 

IQ Test

133, apparently. Some questions definately had multiple answers that could be considered valid.

I answered A for everything and got a 60. Then I answered all the questions on the first page right and put A for the rest and still got 60...I think there's only a few set scores given out.

I think the more likely explanation is that it doesn't score below 60.

I got 132, so we know the difference in scores can be as fine as 1 point.

^ Yeah, I also guessed that I attempted a third faulty test.

oh yeah, I did it for real once and got 135...so I think they just assign you a random number around 130-135 since 6/6 people have gotten that range - unless people who got lower just aren't posting. There was a spate of these things a few years ago and everybody would get 150-160 on them...they mean nothing.

what do you mean, "they mean nothing"?

i have the highest score so far so obviously this test is extremely scientific and completely accurate.

In a real IQ test they wouldn't have allowed me to eat dinner while completing it.

Looks like all of us (including me) are scoring above 130. Either we're a really clever bunch or this test is a crock.

they probably did a lot of research into what score would make people the most willing to pay money to see a breakdown of their full test results and came up with 130 something

As I posted when I started this thread, I was curious to see how the members here compare to another forum where the level of discourse appears to be on a much lower level.

Of the members on the other forum who were brave enough to post their scores, only a couple of scores were in the 130s. The others were above 100 but not by a lot. One was in the 90s and one person actually posted a score of 75. You could see that people were actually completing the test because they were posting the paragraph which follows your score and advises you how to interpret your score (or not). The advice for the hapless soul who achieved 75 was very diplomatically and delicately worded, as scores in the 70s are in the second lowest possible category.

I am guessing some members here are scoring below 130 and are perhaps shy about posting. The point is that, as I expected, the small sample of results reflects the quality of the writing and thought put into posting on this forum. It's something we shouldn't take for granted.

Thanks to all who had fun with this unscientific exercise.

In a real IQ test they wouldn't have allowed me to eat dinner while completing it.

One of the things I thought was interesting about this test was that they did specify at the beginning that there is no time limit. They are interested in seeing whether you can answer the questions, not how well you perform under (time) pressure.

Back