57     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 703     0 

Infographics - Future Toronto Skyline

Entertainment District:

53182918868_32f54eef71_k.jpg
I wonder if the city will change the tall buildings guidelines around the new Ontario line subway given the transit infrastructure will dramatically improved along this line. It would be a waste to have a new subway along a relatively low density neighbourhood. The density should definitely increase along the whole line.

I wonder if the city will change the tall buildings guidelines around the new Ontario line subway given the transit infrastructure will dramatically improved along this line. It would be a waste to have a new subway along a relatively low density neighbourhood. The density should definitely increase along the whole line.

Yes there's higher density zoning coming for major transit station areas (MTSAs), including around OL stations:
1694966769792.png

Source

Would love to at some point!
If you ever decide to do a VMC model let me know! My model is a bit dead as I don’t have the time to update it so I’d be glad to give it to you. Most of my buildings aren’t the most detailed but there are a few that are very detailed - if you’re interested let me know in my thread!

Updated look at development surrounding Don Mills and Sheppard:

53248132411_b283f7ef6c_k.jpg

Great work as always!

This clearly illustrates the impediment to proper urban form that is the existing Fairview Mall and and the associated/TTC parkade.

It also shows other clear grid deficiencies. There is an obvious need for a new N-S connecting Sheppard (west of Don Mills) to what is now 2 roads north, basically at the edge of the existing/proposed high density.

Last edited:

Back