INDX Condos (Lifetime Developments & CentreCourt Developments) - Real Estate -

Where did you see the word "relaunch"?

I do not know where the word relaunch came from either. According to a sales representative at the site, they had their final sales event around a month ago. At that point they had eight suites left, they were able to sell them all, and had just two recissions the following week. The marketing suite was up for another four weeks or so, presumably to sell off those last two units.

Wow :eek:

How the heck did this thing completely sell out? Was the pricing really good or something?
Very surprising that 88 scott is only 60% sold out and this is completely sold out considering the locations are very similar.

Wow :eek:

How the heck did this thing completely sell out? Was the pricing really good or something?
Very surprising that 88 scott is only 60% sold out and this is completely sold out considering the locations are very similar.

You can't really compare INDX and Scott.

INDX is full of small units, I believe their largest is in the 800 sqft range. Scott is compromised of much larger units which ultimately increases the price and barrier of entry. Both are great projects, however, I believe they are targeting different demographics.

Yes this project is sold out. They did a great marketing campaign aimed at single business people who want to live downtown right near their work. The units are small but very upscale. It's a prime example how marketing can make or break a project. Construction will begin in 2013 and should be complete and ready for move sometime in 2015.

Yes this project is sold out. They did a great marketing campaign aimed at single business people who want to live downtown right near their work. The units are small but very upscale. It's a prime example how marketing can make or break a project. Construction will begin in 2013 and should be complete and ready for move sometime in 2015.

But really how many single business people bought into this building? Probably very few, if any.
The power of marketing.

You'll see the "real demand" once investors try to exit and dump it on the market. This is like the months leading up Facebook's IPO...

very unlikely ... i say at least 4 years from start of construction so you're looking at 2017.

You'll see the "real demand" once investors try to exit and dump it on the market. This is like the months leading up Facebook's IPO...

What will be demand like in this building when complete? Any speculators?

I don't get the pessimism at all.
The condo is right in the heart of the financial district. People will buy and rent it. Not surprising it sold so fast. Unless the entire Toronto economy slumps, I am not too worried about this project.

For 15+ years, Torontonians wishfully expected housing price to fall, so that somehow they can be able to afford a nice house not too far from the core again. It never fell, but they kept saying the market will crash year after year.

Vancouver will undoubtedly collapse, Toronto won't. It is more likely to stagnate.

Last edited:
Irrespective of what you think about the state of the Toronto condo market, this place will be at 100% occupancy when it is finished. Whether that is renters or owners it doesn't really matter to the success of the project.

I work in one of the I-banks downtown and I know of 20 analysts/associates here who rent within a 10 minute walk of work. And this is just one firm amongst dozens of firms. And they don't care about size, one of them lived for three years in a bachelor at 1 King West so he could be on the Path.

Back