INDX Condos (Lifetime Developments & CentreCourt Developments) - Real Estate -

I actually like this building from the outside but it's got to have the worst floor plans i've ever seen. Makes me think things are getting a little overheated if investors just snap these up regardless of how poorly designed they are.

Check out the floor plans: http://www.theredpin.com/toronto-condos/indx-condos
So now they're squeezing three bedrooms in 821 sq/ft!? With ONE bathroom and ONE sink for all three to share. That'll be fun in the morning! Many units have long, wasted hall space, minimal closets, just terrible!

I'm well aware of 'pieds a terre' condos but that doesn't mean they have to be unlivable.

Last edited:
I actually like this building from the outside but it's got to have the worst floor plans i've ever seen. Makes me think things are getting a little overheated if investors just snap these up regardless of how poorly designed they are.

So now they're squeezing three bedrooms in 821 sq/ft!? With ONE bathroom and ONE sink for all three to share. That'll be fun in the morning! Many units have long, wasted hall space, minimal closets, just terrible!

I'm well aware of 'pieds a terre' condos but that doesn't mean they have to be unlivable.

ya it's crazy, but that configuration however is one of 2, the other being 2 Bedrooms + den and 2 Washrooms.

what i find odd is how the biggest unit in the building is 821, and all the floors up to the 54th floor are pretty much the same floor plan (as i recall). what ever happened to penthouses!!!!
boring configuration for a building with such views.

and speaking of views. i just realized every single unit in this building will have pretty clear and unobstructive views. that's pretty rare and awesome for this location. the views in this building WILL be amazing.

Your point is well taken but many of us grew up in 3 and 4 bedroom post war bungalows with only one bathroom and we turned out OK! For those who want more space many/most developers will sell two (or more) units and combine them to make them more desirable/practical.

There's even a smaller 3-bedroom plan here, one at 740 sq.ft.

It's a way for developers to get away with providing "family friendly" units that Adam Vaughan is trying to push in the city without affecting their sales much.
Buyers will most likely choose the 2-bedroom over the 3-bedroom option, though with most units sold to investors they may even opt for 3-bedroom option thinking they will get more money in rent though would be a harder to resell.
The 3-bedroom option does sacrifice the 2nd bathroom. To add the 2nd bathroom back would be extremely difficult, if not impossible to do later on, so I think this 3-bedroom option is a stupid buy especially when they are priced almost the same.

the sales demographic for this building are young bay street yuppies.
there are so many other projects within 15 minutes walking distance from SLM to cityplace that one could purchase for better value, so IMO it will have a limited resale market to the above and investors if the market remains bouyant.

think there will be strong end user demand for this building once completed?
the area is pretty boring aside from being close to work.

as stated above, i don't think 'families' will be buying/living here. so the 3-bedroom options from 740-821sq ft won't be in demand.
that being said, 3 bedrooms/1 bath in 821 sq ft template is possible and very livable in a well designed planned.
unfortunately, these are not one of those plans.

as dt_toronto_geek mentioned, many in the past 2 or 3 generations lived in smaller spaces like this (but they did have the benefit of extra storage/space in the basement) ... it's a matter of needs vs. wants. that said, i still think a 3 bedroom unit shouldn't be less than 1,000 sq ft.

There's even a smaller 3-bedroom plan here, one at 740 sq.ft.

It's a way for developers to get away with providing "family friendly" units that Adam Vaughan is trying to push in the city without affecting their sales much.
Buyers will most likely choose the 2-bedroom over the 3-bedroom option, though with most units sold to investors they may even opt for 3-bedroom option thinking they will get more money in rent though would be a harder to resell.
The 3-bedroom option does sacrifice the 2nd bathroom. To add the 2nd bathroom back would be extremely difficult, if not impossible to do later on, so I think this 3-bedroom option is a stupid buy especially when they are priced almost the same.

The layout for the conversion from 2 to 3 bedroom is pretty brutal but I'm sure no purchaser will be going with that option. I really like this project though; so much that I picked up a unit.

Last edited:
The layout for the conversion from 2 to 3 bedroom is pretty brutal but I'm sure no purchaser will be going with that option. I really like this project though; so much that I picked up a unit.

what are the expected rental rates and sale prices to make this financially feasible?

what are the expected rental rates and sale prices to make this financially feasible?

I purchased a PH Unit to live in, not to rent or flip. As I've said b4 many times here, It's virtually impossible to find pre-construction that will +ve cash flow in this market. Speculators should stay away. If you are an end user, in for the long haul (with at least 10-20% deposit) and can handle a 3% rise in interest rates; go ahead and buy.

^^^^
Buying to live is a very different issue as I have said on other forum platforms. Non tangible factors come into play. So I respect Ric's decision. Not every decision is made based on return only as I am sure you appreciate cdr108.

I share Ric's approach. Investments to me have to make financial sense. I am prepared however to buy and sacrifice some investment return if the purchase is for personal use. Does this mean one should not look at the financial implication? No, not at all. However, if one approaches this with their eyes wide open and makes a conscious decision as Ric has said and done, he is absolutely correct in my view.

Furthermore, his last post shows that he is being responsible, assuming he can meet his own criteria that he has put forth.

I really like this building too. You're close enough to Yonge Street without being on Yonge Street.

Buying to live in and not to invest in, in any precon condo these days is very wise.
Unfortunately, all of the highrises being sold right now are designed and targeted towards investors, and most of them are bought by investors. These buildings will also suffer from being a mostly rental building after the first few years of occupancy, which will lack in the pride of ownership by residents you would see in smaller and older condo buildings.
But over time, depending on the market, many of these units will eventally turnover to owners. Some much slower than others, notably Cityplace and Liberty Village. There is also the risk that the market may fall and the massive amount of inventory will mean a sharp dip in values and difficulty in selling or renting it out.

Buying new to live long term is definitely the way to go and the least amount of risk. Good for you Ric!

Hello everyone,

I was just doing some research on INDX and had a question regarding the 492 sq ft unit.

INDX%201%20bedroom492.jpg

I wanted to know how much sq ft the long hallway takes up; specifically from the door of the unit to the edge of the kitchen counter.

It seems to me that this is "unusable" living space which would lead to the 477 sqft unit being a better buy for someone looking for a 1 bedroom.

It looks the length of ~3 double beds. My den is larger than that whole unit. And I only live a few blocks away. Sigh.. really wish prices would drop, I know where to go on a shopping spree

Back