News   Oct 04, 2024
 2K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 3.9K     4 

If I had my way....

The good thing about deciduous trees is that they block sun in the summer, cooling the city, while letting light pass through in the winter.

Evergreens also tend to be a haven for mosquitoes, though I'm not sure how much of an issue this would be in the city.

I'd love to see some tall pines taken from up north. The problem with those though is that they make the soil acidic which hinders plant growth below.

Well, i wasn't think of hockey. Hockey is just soccer played on ice. Was thinking of non-sports things.

Fun things to do when it's cold: museum and gallery going and looking; plays, theatre, opera, music; cooking & eating, drinking, both in restaurants and at home; reading; the movies - so much to do when the days are cold and the nights are long.

And put me down as one who is prepared to tolerate winter because it throws the joy of spring into higher relief. Though if we were offered San Francisco's climate, where it is more or less like this past week all year round, I say jump at the chance.

Back