News   Jul 26, 2024
 40     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 797     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 694     0 

Hume shoots down Port Royal Place

I had the misfortune of seeing that building recently and it is indeed a dreary bore. I certainly wouldn't want Hume's job of critiquing Toronto's condos.

Hume's dystopian predictions were premature. The Concert buildings just west of PR are turning out quite nicely and the new park with its gazebo looks good too. Hume should go back once all the construction is done. He might be pleasantly surprised.

Probably not a project of great interest to most forumers here, but I took it upon myself to take some pictures:

Sept.1307033.jpg

Digging has begun for this new condo project right along Dundas. I haven't seen any renders so I have no idea what it will look like or the scale.
Sept.1307045.jpg

Sept.1307047.jpg

The next phase is coming along nicely on the south end of the property at Bloor, which I believe will be about 25 stories when complete.
Sept.1307049.jpg

Sept.1307048.jpg

These condos look better than the hideous 60's apartment blocks just to the east, but that's not saying much, is it? And all that green glass just screams 80's to me.
Sept.1307054.jpg

Thanks for the update. Hopefully the next phase will look better.

Pardon the wishful thinking.

"Digging has begun for this new condo project right along Dundas. I haven't seen any renders so I have no idea what it will look like or the scale."

I hope Beaverbrook keeps the CORE architects' plans. They're quite nice. Beaverbrook purchased this property from the previous insolvent developer and then went immediately to excavate the land. That might suggest that they're going ahead with the previous plans. There's no renders on the website: www.evolutioncondos.ca but CORE does have a small render of the original design on its website.

The new buildings complement and transitions nicely with the existing neighbourhood of towers east of it.

I believe the architecture was appropriate for this site.

Louroz

The latest tower in this extensive complex is done, titled "Palais". There is one more planned tower.

Jan14-09011.jpg

And (since it doesn't have its own thread here) across the street (and railway tracks) it looks like the Network Lofts conversion is finally done. Took forever it seems. I don't like the two tone stucco, at least not the alternating top horizontal stripe.

Jan14-09010.jpg

The latest tower in this extensive complex is done, titled "Palais". There is one more planned tower.

Jan14-09011.jpg

This one is named "The Promenade" as the "Palais" is the one planned to be built next door (underground parking excavation has already been done but nothing else as yet). We just moved in here last month. The building itself is nothing special but I'm already loving the area.

Last edited:
I don't think it's done yet. Unless the mechanical box at the top will be left open (as shown in Towered's photo), they still have some work to do.

When did this thing go into sales? 2003?

Machinery on site to begin the final tower of this large development, Palais - the tallest at 30 stories.

By the way, shouldn't this thread be in the projects and construction thread since it's still active?

Back