News   Sep 03, 2024
 612     2 
News   Sep 03, 2024
 909     1 
News   Sep 03, 2024
 1.9K     0 

Historic subway cars vandalized

Nobody here, from what I gather, condones the vandalism - even the cost of paint will be high enough, given that it's an old, heritage paintjob. You can't just go down to Home Depot and slop some Behr outdoor paint on. And think of the volunteer hours that are now wasted doing this, rather than some other project.

Some of the death threats here do go to far, but coming from Fiendish et al. (I really do hope to see you around more), I wouldn't expect less!

Perhaps we need a death-threats thread so these people can work through their problems? We haven't seen Benito and Clara doing their Sankai Juku "hanging event" for some time ...

I know it is vandalism and all but for some reason I don't care about those old subway cars. I distinctly remember having the lights grow dark/dim way too often in the tunnels as a little kid.

/cue boogeyman/axe murderer themes

Flimsy reasoning, and too pathological for its own good.

Are there any other Gloucester cars in existence anywhere?

If you guys get this mad about a subway car getting vandalized, I'd hate to get caught spraypainting your house.

"Oh my god you psycho, put the gun dow-"
*crack*

--Four hours later--

"Sir, why are there human body parts hanging from your tree? And for that matter, why are you dressed in a gown of human flesh? You're going to have to come with us..."

The town of Milton has been demanding the museum pay development charges in order for their proposed new car barn to be approved. The town has been asked many times to waive the fee because it is a museum and not a developer, but they have so far refused.

Perhaps it might be time to consider moving the museum to Toronto, where discussion on a transit museum seems to come and go all the time.

Are there any other Gloucester cars in existence anywhere?

On the Google 3D Warehouse. I made a model of a Gloucester train in Sketchup.

That was actually some not-bad looking graffitti.

Now. Who wants to shoot me, electrocute me, hit me with a bar of soap in a sock, or make vague thuggy threats against me?

What a dumb-ass thread this has turned into.

No crime in liking graffitti. That being said, the people who carried out this act should have chosen their own property, or a surface that they owned, in order to complete their activities. They did not do so.

Yes, the trains can be repainted - at public expense.

No crime in liking graffitti. That being said, the people who carried out this act should have chosen their own property, or a surface that they owned, in order to complete their activities. They did not do so.

Yes, the trains can be repainted - at public expense.

Bingo... This is not going to be a cheap job. And it doesn't make sense. As has already been mentioned, why do something that recalls a inexistent era in the first place???

Vandalism, pure and simple.

Bingo... This is not going to be a cheap job. And it doesn't make sense. As has already been mentioned, why do something that recalls a inexistent era in the first place???

Sorry, which inexistent era would that be? The era of Gloucester cars running through forests in Halton Hills? Or the era of graffiti on subway cars?

The TTC should be encouraging this sort of thing, rather than vilifying it. Why can't we have graffiti-covered cars?

I dunno, I just can't get riled up over this. It's just paint. It's even nice looking paint.

Sorry, which inexistent era would that be? The era of Gloucester cars running through forests in Halton Hills? Or the era of graffiti on subway cars?

The TTC should be encouraging this sort of thing, rather than vilifying it. Why can't we have graffiti-covered cars?

I dunno, I just can't get riled up over this. It's just paint. It's even nice looking paint.
you've gotta be kidding me?

why would the TTC be encouraging vandalism?!

it doesn't matter how nice it looks. the point is that this is a historically significant object that has been defaced. you shouldn't do that to history. also i don't think anyone was serious about their harsh ideas for punishment, people spoke out of being pissed off, venting.

does anybody know if the subway cars had their original coat of paint?

you've gotta be kidding me?

why would the TTC be encouraging vandalism?!

I reserve vandalism for destructive acts. Paint on metal is disruptive, not destructive. If someone took a bulldozer to the cars, I'd be upset too - but it's only paint.

And I'm serious, our subway cars should already be covered, inches deep, with different colours of paint. That we persist in keeping everything pristine and in like-new condition is a bit pathological.

If we want a vibrant and interesting city to live in - we can't dictate how that vibrancy will express itself.

Once they allow people to spraypaint their trains, the next move will be to spraypaint the stations, the seats. Many artists have restraint, but of course their will be those who take things too far and, for example, spraypaint the seats and windows. Those trains were also designed by someone.

Graffiti never existed on Toronto subway cars like the one you see in that picture.

subway.gif

And I'm serious, our subway cars should already be covered, inches deep, with different colours of paint. That we persist in keeping everything pristine and in like-new condition is a bit pathological.

Okay, so if some neighbourhood kids spraypainted "fuckface" over your living room window in a decorative bubble font you would not get a little ticked off? Please.

Graffiti never existed on Toronto subway cars like the one you see in that picture.

So?

According to the picture it exists.

Okay, so if some neighbourhood kids spraypainted "fuckface" over your living room window in a decorative bubble font you would not get a little ticked off? Please.

So graffiti is only FUCKFACE on your living room window? Yeah, just like public transit is only full of dweebs and poor people.

Back