News   Oct 03, 2024
 464     0 
News   Oct 03, 2024
 326     1 
News   Oct 03, 2024
 796     0 

Highway 401 Transit and Auto Tunnel

So, "this will cost us a trillion, but our plans will only cost us $300 billion. We're saving the province *$700 billion* dollars!!

It's an absolute shame that some people believe this BS
BS as it is, don’t hate the player, hate the game….

BS as it is, don’t hate the player, hate the game….
I resent the portion of the electorate that doesn't bother to learn anything about how our electoral system works. Or believe they are voting for the leader of X party (unless they are in that person's electoral district)

I resent the portion of the electorate that doesn't bother to learn anything about how our electoral system works. Or believe they are voting for the leader of X party (unless they are in that person's electoral district)
I do wish more people understood what they were voting for, and to a lesser extent who. But most are unaware as to which levels of government do what anyway.

At some level, you do vote for who you see on the ballot, be it a name or party. But to only do so is blinding; come join me in Hamilton and anyone can see what it looks like.

On the bright side, it means most political plays like this can be broken down into what they are trying to say to voters. You’ll still get a good read on a situation.

Only substance can indicate substance, and perhaps it’s better that way.

Prediction if they build this:
- 7 years the congestion will be abysmal because of all the construction impacts
- opening day people will think wow this is amazing... it worked! Nevermind that ending construction alone would have reduced congestion.
- 7 years later it will be just as bad as the day before construction started.

Even the MTOs own study shows 413 congested... it doesn't exist at all, is on the periphery of the city, and doesn't solve full east-west connectivity. How could 401 lanes through the middle of the city and the only cross city route not just be absorbed almost instantly?

Will it add capacity? Sure. Will it do anything for congestion? No. So it comes back to what is the real problem to be solved and other means should be explored.

Back