News   May 06, 2024
 458     1 
News   May 06, 2024
 1K     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 663     1 

Heintzman Place (Options for Homes) - Real Estate -

Why is it not possible to purchase parking/locker at the time of purchasing the apartment unit? If the plans for the apartment units are already finished and building is starting construction, why would the plans for the parking not be done yet?

Why is it not possible to purchase parking/locker at the time of purchasing the apartment unit? If the plans for the apartment units are already finished and building is starting construction, why would the plans for the parking not be done yet?

Oh, it's all planned. The builder just didn't sell them at the time of purchase to make sure that they didn't sell out of parking before selling out the building. You are not guaranteed the right to buy a parking spot or a locker in this development. They will be sold on a first come first served basis (based on date of purchase) in a few months.

Village by High Park

Hi Everyone,

I just want to say that this forum is great! I haven't been able to find anywhere to connect with other purchasers at the Village By High Park.

I wanted to bring up an issue regarding parking costs. Originally when I purchased a unit in 2007, part of my decision was based on the budgeted cost of parking. I had been told and got my mortgage pre-approval based on this budget amount, which was $20,000.00

Now, personally when I hear budget, I am assuming that the cost can increase OR decrease. However, when I went to my parking session a few weeks ago, the lowest priced option available was $25,000! That's a 25% increase in what was originally stated.

So, I'm just wondering if anyone else here has purchased parking and if anyone is as surprised and disappointed in this new price range for the parking. It's definitely impacted my financial situation, having to pay the extra $5,000.00

I was told that we could write a letter to the Board. The next meeting is August 5th.

Let me know what you think!

re parking

Hi I also bought a parking spot. I also was a little shocked about the price however I was very happy with the storage room prices I had bugeted between 25 and 30 and came in at just over 29. When I purch. they were clear to me that the prices had not been set and it was an estimate. All in all I got what I think is a really good spot with my locker close by. When I think of future resale I'm happy with the decision I made. They way I see it is with the delay in closing it's allowed me to save more money.

Anyone know of any online floorplans for this one?

None. You have to purchase the information package ($100 when I bought mine), which includes the original floorplans. If you go forward and purchase a unit the cost is credited to your purchase price.

It should be noted that the information package (at least, the one I had) doesn't have all the floorplans. My own floorplan is on a separate sheet that was provided to me. I'm not sure if they've updated it since then.

Thanks for the info. I'm not actually interested in buying or in the unit floor plans themselves. I'm more interested in the towers' floor plans which usually accompanies the unit floor plans and also tends to highlights the number of elevators. Don't ask why.

Was at the site a few days ago for our upgrades appointment, the shorter tower is now up to floor 7 and the taller one is up to floor 5, love the main entrance on Heintzman St, it'll be beautiful!

I have to say though, we were looking at their hardwood floor upgrades; instead of true wood, it was cheap veneer crap... their laminate choices are actually better quality.

Thanks for the great photos. Alas, will have to wait till Dec 2011 for Phase I and Dec 2012 for Phase II to move in?

The first tentative occupancy dates begin this August, with all purchasers scheduled to be moved in by March 2011.

Back