News   Jul 05, 2024
 2.2K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.6K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 635     0 

Harry Rosen - More Yorkville Construction

Re: .

They're one of the few sources for nice bow ties now that Holts doesn't carry them.

It has definitely got that retro-future look. The rendering isn't large enough or photo-realistic enough to definitively declare how this is going to look. (Plus, details inevitably change a bit...)

It looks sort of like a Toronto version of Miami Deco (I kinda like it).

Would love to see a cafe/lounge overlooking Belair. Would be a nice touch.

Looks like they're going to leave the lower part of the building untouched and plunk down a couple more floors that sorta match it on top.

Their marketing is annoying - I get Harry sent to my home address and then a follow up message left at work. Holts just sends their magazines - for men and women - and gives the stalking process a pass.

That's a building that really deserves some signage with TTC fonts.

That's a building that really deserves some signage with TTC fonts.
Naw. For all its virtues, the TTC font doesn't scream out "bespoke"...

Harry Rosen Rendering

What is that?? It looks like a zamboni.

Re: Harry Rosen Rendering

i think it looks pretty awful in that rendering. which is a shame. i'd expect something more classic from harry rosen. although i never shop there, i could never afford it. their square one location looks nice though.

Re: Harry Rosen Rendering

Its not tall enough to have set-backs, so what are they trying to achieve with them? I just don't get the building-..

p5

Harry

Perhaps he's planning on re-opening the Embassy Tavern in the basement.

Re: Harry

Oh how I miss the smell of stale beer from that place, wafting out to the street on dusty summer afternoons ...

It looks really similar to what was there before!

I agree, it'd be nice if they tried to outdo each other on Bloor. It's got to be only a matter of time before Crate & Barrel find a spot (maybe 1BE/CrystalBlu). Why is there all that reconstruction at the moment? I went by the other day, there's a lot of new stores/remodelings?

They're already at work, strengthening the foundations. The new top floor will be for their bespoke tailoring.

Harry Rosen

I'm sure there must be a thread already but I couldn't see it.

2099825866_99da754ff0_o.jpg

Back