News   May 10, 2024
 143     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 233     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 682     0 

Hamilton - Tim Horton's Field

Serves Hamilton right...
Jesus christ the first stadium was a great looking one, in a great location..
And now because nobody in Hamilton can get along.. a crappier temporary track-and-field stadium is going to be built in the middle of nothing in Toronto..
Thanks a lot Hamilton

Most likely York U.

Here's a proposed smaller-scale (soccer) Hamilton stadium (still West Harbour):

PV%20Imaging%20Pan%20Am%20Stadium%2015000%20seats450.jpg

source

overall%20site_1%20copy450.jpg

source

Now who's getting robbed? That stadium looks smaller than Hamilton's 1930 Commonwealth Stadium!

Last edited:
again as I posted in the other thread, this is all just part of the game. How many times have we seen NHL teams threaten to move to Hamilton? 3 in just the last couple years and plenty of others prior.

again as I posted in the other thread, this is all just part of the game. How many times have we seen NHL teams threaten to move to Hamilton? 3 in just the last couple years and plenty of others prior.

And yet it will never happen because Gary Bettman hates Canada

Also, it was Balsilie who threatened to move them, not the owners of the current team..

And yet it will never happen because Gary Bettman hates Canada

Also, it was Balsilie who threatened to move them, not the owners of the current team..

My point is that nothing is final until it's final. No matter who wants to move a team.

I honestly think that it will make it to the West Harbour. Its not that easy to just pick up a team.. leave.. and try to make money off it. Its the CFL.

The city will win.

City backs West Harbour

Votes 12-3 in favour
August 10, 2010

Hamilton council has voted 12 to 3 in support of West Harbour for a stadium site for the Pan Am Games.
Supporting the site were: Brian McHattie, Bob Bratina, Bernie Morelli, Chad Collins, Terry Whithead, Robert Pasuta, Tom Jackson, Scott Duvall, Lloyd Ferguson, Maria Pearson, Russ Powers and Mayor Fred Eisenberger.
Opposed were: Sam Merulla, Dave Mitchell and Margaret McCarthy.
Brad Clark was absent.
The vote comes at the end of an 11-hour meeting that included presentations from 31 delegations.

Yup. Having the threats of a team leaving is less of an impact than building a multimillion dollar stadium out in the middle of 'no where suburbia.'

Last edited:
He's not going to move to the team to QC to play in a market that has a smaller stadium. He'd be better off leaving them in Hamilton and continuing to rent Ivor Wynne. I mean i'td be good if QC had a team, but considering they love their R&O out there, it's not exactly a money-making guarantee.

I saw an article (could have been linked from here, but I think it was TSN) where a Hamilton councillor said they already 'subsidize' the Ti-Cats by charging them only $27,000 per game and let them keep all the concessions. Granted, that's only a subsidy if there was somebody else willing to pay more at the same point, but they refused it in order to help the Ti-Cats. It's not really a subsidy if it's going to sit otherwise empty or the city is losing money on that $27,000. Somethin will get done I'm sure, I can't see the CFL approving the sale of one of the oldest and most (fan-base-wise) stable franchises

Back