News   Jul 30, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 672     0 

Hamilton all day GO Service Confirmed.

The grammar is poor, but otherwise it seems straight forward: The Niagara service passes though the old Liuna Station rather than the current (Hamilton Centre) GO station. However the current station is more central.

I'm mystified what possibly led to this poster being banned after 1 post though ... was there some spam?

Yup. Spambot.

Great news, glad I found this thread. My son and I were just at the James St. GO station on the weekend and the station is large- many bus bays (and not only GO buses). This station has so much potential- hopefully the LRT funding follows this commuter rail investment! A city the size of Hamilton deserves a really good multi-modal station (right downtown to boot) that this James Street Station is now and even more so soon.

I think the station you visited was the Hunter St. Station, which already has 4 rush hour GO trains to Union, and all-day express buses too. The James St. Station is north of downtown, closer to the lake. The nomenclature is confusing, since both stations actually are on James St, but this thread is about service to the one in North Hamilton which currently has no train service of any kind.

Thanks for the info.- still the station I saw had quite a bit of activity (even on the weekend)- hope this Hunter St. Station gets an LRT link in the future-great for any city to have some really good transit infrastucture in its downtown.

The station I was at only has trains going to TO in morning and trains going to Hamilton in evening. Reverse flowing passengers use the GO bus network. I should check out this other station you mentioned as well.

I should check out this other station you mentioned as well.
The other station has no train service ... or bus service for that matter, other than whatever Hamilton service may pass on James Street. VIA and Amtrak trains to Niagara Falls pass through without stopping ... along with the summer weekend GO Trains to Niagara Falls.

Back