News   Jul 12, 2024
 425     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 482     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 266     0 

H5 & H6 Final Run

Yea that looks like H5.

So I guess the T1's final run will be around 2030 and the BD will get the old TRs, and the Yonge Line gets to have the newest trains that come out. Perhaps trains with suspensions that are so good that it feels like riding on air or something.

Yea that looks like H5.

So I guess the T1's final run will be around 2030 and the BD will get the old TRs, and the Yonge Line gets to have the newest trains that come out. Perhaps trains with suspensions that are so good that it feels like riding on air or something.

Hard to believe that in 15 years we'll be saying goodbye to our T1s. Won't be too far in the future that we're talking about the next major subway fleet replacement here on UT.

Had it not been for that Accessibility issue these H series may have continued service for a lot longer. Although there still would have been a purchase for a fully TR'd Yonge Line but that wouldn't necessarily mean they would have gotten rid of all of them.

Had it not been for that Accessibility issue these H series may have continued service for a lot longer. Although there still would have been a purchase for a fully TR'd Yonge Line but that wouldn't necessarily mean they would have gotten rid of all of them.

There was no accessibility issues with any H car's other than not having the seating area updated for it. Yes the doors could be class as an accessibility issue.

There was too many other issues that caused these cars to be retired or about to.

I hope when they start replacing the T1's that the new TR2 see some changes that needs to be added to the current TR's.

Perhaps the T1s can be articularized and ATCized to not have to throw them away as fast.

No. In 15 years the T1s will be a pain for the TTC to maintain, especially when you consider just how much the TTC has been using them. I'm almost certain that no other vehicle fleet in TTC history will come close to having as many service hours put in as the T1.

Plus, retrofitting them with articulation and ATC will cost more than it's worth. Might as spend a few extra $ Million to order a new fleet.

unlike some (to each their own) my heart sinks when a H5 or H6 turns up on my commute. I would like to know exactly how much TTC are making from disposing to Nigeria above and beyond a typical scrappage contract, or whether the TTC is even losing revenue on the deal but "doing something nice for another system".

Lagos light rail development to cost N400 billion

Tuesday, 30 April 2013 20:03 By Taiwo Hassan

THE Lagos light rail project being developed by the Lagos state government under the supervisory of the Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA) is set to cost about $2.5 billion (N400 billion).

The Vice-Chairman, Infrastructure Bank Plc, Jonan Kruger, who made this known at a media briefing Tuesday in Lagos, said the Lagos light rail project from Marina through Iddo to Agbado has now reached an advanced stage.

According to Kruger, the project, which is tagged: Redline Light Rail Project would be funded by this bank and managed by a consulting firm of Marina Express Consortium.

He said that the Redline project would complement the ongoing Blueline rail project, adding that the Redline project was designed as a private sector initiative and is aimed to ease transportation problems in Lagos.

The bank’s vice-chairman explained that the bank entered into negotiation with the Lagos State Government to ensure that the project was profitable for investors. “The Redline is one of the projects that Lagos state has designed to solve the traffic problems in the state.â€

Managing Director of the bank, Adekunle Oyinloye, said that the Redline would take-off in Marina and join Iddo to meet the Nigerian Railway corridor up to Agbado.

He said that residents along Ikeja, Agege, Agbada and Ifo could be transported up to Agbado to ease transportation problem in the state.

According to him, the issues relating to the rights of way has been resolved, adding that the state government did well to have approached the private sector to help it to fund the project.

The Lagos Light Rail is a light rail system being developed in Lagos state. The system (the first modern rail-based public transport in Sub-Saharan Africa outside of South Africa), is being sponsored by the Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA) and is envisioned to consist eventually of seven lines.

The railway equipment including electric power, signalling, rolling stock, and fare collection equipment will be provided by the private sector under a Concession Contract.

LAMATA is responsible for policy direction, regulation, and infrastructure for the network.

In September 2011, LAMATA announced that it would acquire 255 H5 and H6 model subway trains from the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC).

The H5s and H6s are to be refurbished and converted to standard gauge in the United States before being shipped and put into service on the new Lagos Light Rail’s Blue and Red lines.

In April 2008, the Lagos State Government had approved N70 billion for construction of the Okokomaiko-Iddo-Marina Line, with an estimated completion date of 2011.

URL is:
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/inde...ost-n400-billion&catid=31:business&Itemid=562

I'm curious about the extent of the refurbishment. It's going to take more than a little spring cleaning to get these things up and running. Best of luck to them.

Is it just me, or is the acceleration in our subway trains getting slower and slower? I'm always impressed with just how much more pick up there is in the H trains when compared to the T1s, and the TRs seem to accelerate even slower.

Perhaps it is all in my head? :confused:

There was a feature on the H-series that allowed them to accelerate faster. I think it was called "high rate"? I do not think the TTC utilizes it anymore.

There was a feature on the H-series that allowed them to accelerate faster. I think it was called "high rate"? I do not think the TTC utilizes it anymore.

Shame :( . It really allows the trains to fly in old Toronto where the stops are closer together.

At least Montreal has the right idea, not only do their trains accelerate like a jackrabbit (in part due to the rubber tire design), but apparently their new trains are going to accelerate even FASTER. I believe I read somewhere that part of their strategy to increase capacity on their system was to increase how quickly their trains move through the system.

Back