News   May 03, 2024
 999     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 608     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 293     0 

GO Transit: Union Station Shed Replacement & Track Upgrades (Zeidler)

I guess that this goes here. Was pleasantly surprised to see this on IG as I had totally missed it! Taken 21 November.

IMG_5270.jpeg
IMG_5268.jpeg
IMG_5267.jpeg
IMG_5266.jpeg
IMG_5269.jpeg
IMG_5262.png
IMG_5261.png

Does anyone know ( or can speculate with some authority) what are the average.
number of train movements through Union currently? And are there projected figures for future levels? I see a report from a few years ago that pegs the figure at 900 movements per day, but not sure if that is accurate at all. Curious. (The follow up to that might be where Union ranks compared to other stations in North America) (I am sure we have a loooooong way to go to rival the Gare du Nord.

I would assume more than 900 now, but by the end of this year that question should be officially answered when the OnXpress research and development phase ends

Does anyone know ( or can speculate with some authority) what are the average.
number of train movements through Union currently? And are there projected figures for future levels? I see a report from a few years ago that pegs the figure at 900 movements per day, but not sure if that is accurate at all. Curious. (The follow up to that might be where Union ranks compared to other stations in North America) (I am sure we have a loooooong way to go to rival the Gare du Nord.
Apparently Union is the second busiest station in North America after Penn station in New York.

Are they adding an additional track on the bala sub down by Queen? They seem to be doing work on the ROW.
The Richmond Hill Corridor needs to be shifted slightly north near the USRC to accommodate the Ontario Line and portal. I assume this has an impact on the corridor further north and the utilities.

Back