News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.7K     5 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 749     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.4K     1 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

It’s not especially far from a subdivision on the far northeast corner of Stouffville – a 15 minute walk. There’s also a new mid-density development proposed for the property immediately to the south. This isn’t exactly Bloomington GO.

I suspect the municipality (Whitchurch-Stouffville) is to blame here, but you’d think Metrolinx would have demanded better.
Isn't it a York Region road?

Normally you put a don't walk sign on one side of an intersection when you would prefer that they use an alternate side of the intersection to cross safely. In this case as a pedestrian, if you obey the signs are stuck in the grass with no way out. There is no safe side of the intersection... there is a sidewalk for bikes ending in the grass. Arguably most people using this station will drive, but it is bizarre to say that the person living across the street can't walk to the station.

There's a farm across the street, and 10th line has no sidewalks. No one will walk to this station, but it's still crazy to put up such a sign.

There's a farm across the street, and 10th line has no sidewalks. No one will walk to this station, but it's still crazy to put up such a sign.

As I wrote, there’s a subdivision within a 15 minute walk to the south. A new development is planned for the property immediately to the south. While there I actually saw an older woman walking on the Tenth Line shoulder.

Oh Deer, GO service delayed due to unauthorized ......animal on the tracks....

1700851950557.png

Source: https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.tow...1ff3/6560e11dbd3da.image.jpg?resize=1200,1126

I don't know if this was previously posted, apologies if so; but I noted in one of the reports on Mx Board agenda for this week that GO's mandated coverage area has been expanded.

Our new mandate area also includes fifteen upper and single tier municipalities covering urban centres like Niagara, Brantford, Kitchener-Waterloo,
Guelph, Barrie, and Peterborough. Metrolinx has met directly with municipalities through one-on-one meetings and our established municipal collaboration forums,
such as the Regional Roundtable, Municipal Planning Leaders Forum, and the Municipal Technical Advisory Committee

I don't know if this was previously posted, apologies if so; but I noted in one of the reports on Mx Board agenda for this week that GO's mandated coverage area has been expanded.

Our new mandate area also includes fifteen upper and single tier municipalities covering urban centres like Niagara, Brantford, Kitchener-Waterloo,
Guelph, Barrie, and Peterborough. Metrolinx has met directly with municipalities through one-on-one meetings and our established municipal collaboration forums,
such as the Regional Roundtable, Municipal Planning Leaders Forum, and the Municipal Technical Advisory Committee

That pretty much covers the areas with GO service but outside the traditional service area of the GTHA and south Simcoe County/Barrie. Only the Brampton-Guelph and Brampton-Orangeville buses operated outside of these boundaries just 20 years ado.

It’s really just keeping up with the times.

That pretty much covers the areas with GO service but outside the traditional service area of the GTHA and south Simcoe County/Barrie. Only the Brampton-Guelph and Brampton-Orangeville buses operated outside of these boundaries just 20 years ado.

It’s really just keeping up with the times.
If so, then what is the purpose of these ‘new’ talks? (Not being sarcastic; wondering what - if anything - is expected to come out of this.)

GO has sneakily removed the $15 weekend pass from their website. That's too bad...sometimes I'd get the weekend pass even though I only needed a day pass, so that I could go to more places on the 2nd/3rd day.

GO has sneakily removed the $15 weekend pass from their website. That's too bad...sometimes I'd get the weekend pass even though I only needed a day pass, so that I could go to more places on the 2nd/3rd day.

It was probably a loss leader. Get's people in seats but they lose money on it per capita.

As I said before, they really need to restrict the usage of the pass to exclude Niagara Falls. When they first started the Niagara Services in 2013 it was $20 each way (approximately) with Pesto. I cannot see how they are making a profit with for only $10 return.

Back