News   May 17, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 730     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 6.6K     7 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Well, hopefully the trains come back to Stouffville with the June 23 schedule changes. Off-peak and weekend trains have been like Lucy and Charlie Brown with the football.

I.e. the Gardiner construction is starting up again this summer and is going to be a disaster for 5+ years with constant lane closures.
There isn't anything scheduled in that image Allandale posted until the fall. Though work continues on the Lakeshore bridge over the Don - which is still restricted to one lane westbound.

Track restrictions/limitations, only 1 platform at some stations, and CP operation are mainly the issue. Otherwise we would've had all day trains by now.
Right… but those are limitations every day, and weekday service is still run. Even a few morning and evening trains to suck up Jays trade would take pressure off the Gardiner I’d have thought. Maybe the sort of thing the City of Toronto could hand Metrolinx a cheque for instead of funding quarter-billion-dollar stations for them.

Hopefully the new Mount Pleasant service on the Kitchener line is another drip drip drip wearing down resistance to 7 day service on all GO train routes, even on peak/limited basis.

So from being around in Toronto yesterday, I noticed two things in terms of train consists.

The 16:58 to Old Elm is now a 12 car train. (originally a 10 car)
The 18:45 to Bloomington is now a 10 car train. (originally a 12 car)

So some GO buses are being re-routed to use 407 station instead due to some construction: https://www.metrolinx.com/en/news/s...ouring-due-to-enbridge-gas-line-construction-

But uh, if I was coming from downtown, what time will the bus heading north leave the 407 station? It doesn't say on the schedule or anywhere, the communication is a joke. It says it will take about 40 minutes to get to the 407 station by subway from Union.

So some GO buses are being re-routed to use 407 station instead due to some construction: https://www.metrolinx.com/en/news/s...ouring-due-to-enbridge-gas-line-construction-

But uh, if I was coming from downtown, what time will the bus heading north leave the 407 station? It doesn't say on the schedule or anywhere, the communication is a joke. It says it will take about 40 minutes to get to the 407 station by subway from Union.

Maybe they meant that all buses that were meant to depart Union Station Bus Terminal will be the same time they depart 407? They do mention that “GO buses will make all scheduled stops further north” on all 3 of the routes in the service updates.

They should’ve just written and rerouted these replacement buses to 407 station in the first place, or somewhere efficient like Finch or even Don Mills. If they wanted to avoid traffic on the DVP just like how they rerouted the Milton buses to avoid the Gardiner, I wonder why they didn’t do the same treatment with the other lines as well.

I think that's what it sounds like, but that's the thing, these kind of communications should not be ambiguous. I even tweeted them and haven't got a response. The schedule should be clear, otherwise how the hell are you supposed to ride it?

But the rest of the stops starting from Unionville appear to be on normal timing.

EDIT: Got an answer from a tweet, so looks like the Union departure time is what the 407 departure time will be at, which therefore means the rest of the schedule is off, boy I think this is going to be horrible.

Last edited:

The thing I find funny is Enbridge was either going to use lakeshore or the martin goodman trail to run the new line, and they picked closing 3 lanes of lakeshore instead. But people here say the city ONLY caters to cars??

The thing I find funny is Enbridge was either going to use lakeshore or the martin goodman trail to run the new line, and they picked closing 3 lanes of lakeshore instead. But people here say the city ONLY caters to cars??
Who ever approved that project at the city needs to be repremanded.

I want to go to a store near Confederation GO on Sunday and it's so difficult because of all this nonsense. First I thought I'd take the 12 both ways but then I saw this:

1681434601656.png

Then I thought, ok I'll just take the 12 westbound and then the bike to the 16 on the way back since the bus is usually pretty fast. Nope:
1681434683750.png

At this point I'm thinking it's going to be faster to just bike to Burlington GO on the way back. It's a nice ride on the waterfront anyway.

Yeah it looks like they’re still as horrible at communicating to their riders about changes. Don't even know how they made the weekend service this unbearable. It also looks like they're choosing the wrong decisions all the time.

Back