News   Jul 15, 2024
 572     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 738     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 598     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

I saw that and chuckled....how long after the first day of service do we get the notice "adjusting service for summer schedule, NOTL Niagara College stops will not be served. Service will resume with the next school year"

It's useful for three other reasons - it's walking distance to the outlet mall, NOTL offers transit to the college, making for a potentially useful connection, and Niagara College has an on-site brewery.

GO Buses to serve Niagara College Niagara on the Lake campus starting April 8/17

https://news.ontario.ca/mto/en/2017...ice-for-students-and-families-in-niagara.html

Missed opportunity IMO. Nothing for downtown St Catharines, or Brock U?

edit: an idea that adds 10-15 minutes to the 12 (but doesn't impact users from Burlington taking the 12B), and directly serves St Catharines downtown and Brock (which may end up saving a lot of time for a number of users anyway). NCC-NOTL students would be able to take St Catharines Transit directly to connect.

Makes you wonder who is actually planning these things: GO or DD's office.

l2NfcQN.png

lT7V04Z.png

Last edited:
Missed opportunity IMO. Nothing for downtown St Catharines, or Brock U?

I would love to see GO Transit move the St. Catharines stop to the downtown terminal from Fairview, where it could finally connect directly to buses to Brock and Welland. With the new Niagara College stop, it shouldn't be that much more difficult to take the 406 downtown, make a quick terminal stop, then get back on the 406 to Glendale, and go across Glendale to the college.

Maybe this is incremental towards that, given it might kill St. Catharnes Greyhound.

This is a potential warning shot to them, as this begins to step into Greyhound's turf.

I'm sure StCat downtown will be added as a stop (before 2021) for midday GO bus service, when the Niagara GO train begins to run regular commuter service to StCat by 2021.

Last edited:
does anyone know what Metrolinx ended up deciding in terms of RER service on the Lakeshore lines? I remember them talking about splitting the line into a permanent express and local train system, did that end up deciding to do that? or are they going to stick with the current model, just with 15 minute service?

For the people like me who live near the Milton line, all day two way service isn't going to happen until the missing link gets build, so that the freight traffic on both the Milton line and the Georgetown line can shift there. If you want to speed up this process, then you might as well go and talk to your local elected official.
Another option is adding a third track on the Milton line, but that would be a lot more expensive, and less beneficial.

http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/residents/missinglink

does anyone know what Metrolinx ended up deciding in terms of RER service on the Lakeshore lines? I remember them talking about splitting the line into a permanent express and local train system, did that end up deciding to do that? or are they going to stick with the current model, just with 15 minute service?

Last I saw - Page 59 of the RER Business Case document - Hourly diesel service Hamilton-Toronto, running express from Oakville, plus 15-minute local stops EMU Aldershot to Union.

LSE - 15 minute EMU to Oshawa, with Bowmanville service not yet incorporated into the plan.

- Paul

Back