News   Jul 16, 2024
 340     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 450     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.2K     3 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Apologies if I missed this upthread, but has 647 been observed in service, per the tweet below?
https://twitter.com/femwriter/status/828972084512620545

647 hasn't been in service since the middle or end of December, and it's unknown when it will be back. It suffered an alternator flashover, and my understanding is that MPI and Cummins were or are both involved in tracing back the causes.

It was running solo and without problem for several weeks prior to the incident, however.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

The Barrie train I was on this morning had all 12 coaches and the engine with the new colour scheme. Never seen this before and it looked really good.

Anything to be read into the fact that the Minister of Transportation made two announcements in Brampton this week...was at the podium twice.....and never mentioned anything about the additional evening and weekend rail service that was to be in place this fiscal year (ie by March 31)?

Anything to be read into the fact that the Minister of Transportation made two announcements in Brampton this week...was at the podium twice.....and never mentioned anything about the additional evening and weekend rail service that was to be in place this fiscal year (ie by March 31)?
Always seems to be a big secret until just a couple of weeks before start of new service.

Because it won't be in place by the end of this fiscal year.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

No updates in the Metrolinx February board agenda for this item.

Hmmm... What about the York U shuttle service moving to Downsview Park, Rutherford or... to a New station at Hwy 7?

Back