News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 448     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

The Danforth work, mind you, contemplates a new mid-block connection to Danforth and Main Stn via the Canadian Tire/Main Square lands, as well as a new entrance off Dawes Rd.

While the impending improvements are going to do this, there is also no reason why they couldn't have done this yesterday or tomorrow. The east end of the north platform is only a handful of metres away. The second tunnel is a more major endeavour, but again there was no reason why it couldn't have been done with the station in its current position.

I have suggested that giving Main Stn a second exit at Barrington would work well w/this plan in terms of integrated convenience.

More long-term, it may not be a bad idea. But until that self-storage place goes, it will be difficult to make it happen.

Dan

Mimico, which has similar access problems, would benefit from a similar solution. A footbridge over Royal York (or even just a light at Judson) and bus stops closer to the access point to the station would be a big improvement.

I second this. I use Mimico station a lot, and it definitely needs better access.

cash fares are going up significantly. I don't care that much as a presto card is easy to buy, but I can already see complaints from occasional suburban users who otherwise never take transit and thus will effectively experience a 10% fare hike.

Even with an average price of 126.9 cents/litre at most GTA gas stations this weekend? And going up?

It works really well for describing people with an addiction. a driving addition.

You show no appreciation for the cause and effect of how we got this way, and you offer no informed solutions for how to change a very entrenched culture or what barriers might stand in the way of that change. You don’t even offer an even minimally compelling argument that the car culture is disfunctional or undesirable going forward. Or any insights or information that would change our own views.... you just chant a mantra.

As a Python once said, I came here for an argument..... ;-)

- Paul
Currently at LAX, where the car is everything

Last edited:
You show no appreciation for the cause and effect of how we got this way, and you offer no informed solutions for how to change a very entrenched culture or what barriers might stand in the way of that change. You don’t even offer an even minimally compelling argument that the car culture is disfunctional or undesirable going forward. Or any insights or information that would change our own views.... you just chant a mantra.

As a Python once said, I came here for an argument..... ;-)

- Paul
Currently at LAX, where the car is everything
I thought planes were everything at LAX...

I thought planes were everything at LAX...

You gotta get to the terminal first ;-) At least the planes move (sorta, we sat on the tarmac on arrival for close to an hour before a gate was available). The cars just creep.
This place would seriously benefit from a people mover and remote kiss+ride. A good inspiration for Pearson, but I’m in the wring thread for that.

- Paul

So tired of the term "auto gods" ugh

Unfortunately, "automobile gods" get first priority in just about everything. Just look at the proposed "tailgate" parties. It would allow for booze in parking lots (with special occasion liquor permits, see link.) With little or no mention of picnics or family BBQ's in parks or square (Maple Leaf Square?) with BYOB.

Unfortunately, "automobile gods" get first priority in just about everything. Just look at the proposed "tailgate" parties. It would allow for booze in parking lots (with special occasion liquor permits, see link.) With little or no mention of picnics or family BBQ's in parks or square (Maple Leaf Square?) with BYOB.

Booze in parking lots? Yet another bad idea by this government

Back