News   Jul 19, 2024
 566     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 2.6K     6 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 865     2 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Sure there is. Last time I needed power for a long trip I found the conductor in the middle car, and he told me which car had a power outlet in ... and so it did.

I was making a joke about how rare they are. I only see them once every two or three weeks now. Someone here explained to me they are no longer added because the locomotives simply don't have enough spare power on twelve car trains to also charge a few dozen personal devices.

I was making a joke about how rare they are. I only see them once every two or three weeks now. Someone here explained to me they are no longer added because the locomotives simply don't have enough spare power on twelve car trains to also charge a few dozen personal devices.

* a few thousand personal devices

* a few thousand personal devices

It may be a matter of their rarity that people don't bring the appropriate cables on the train: but it is extremely rare that I see anyone use them.

Very rare sight at Union today. An in service GO train car covered with graffiti.
tmp_1940-IMG_20150413_171509-244002807.jpg

tmp_1940-IMG_20150413_171637-1818860823.jpg

Attachments

• tmp_1940-IMG_20150413_171509-244002807.jpg
    tmp_1940-IMG_20150413_171509-244002807.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,104
  • tmp_1940-IMG_20150413_171637-1818860823.jpg
    tmp_1940-IMG_20150413_171637-1818860823.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 814
Last edited:
Whoa. I don't think I've ever seen grafitti on the outside of a GO train before. Are we sure that wasn't an ad?

Whoa. I don't think I've ever seen grafitti on the outside of a GO train before. Are we sure that wasn't an ad?

I've only seen it a handful of times, and it was always on cars parked at Willowbrook, presumably to have it removed. First time I recall ever seeing it on an in service car. It was quite a shock. I'm certain it wasn't an ad.

I've only seen it a handful of times, and it was always on cars parked at Willowbrook, presumably to have it removed. First time I recall ever seeing it on an in service car. It was quite a shock. I'm certain it wasn't an ad.

Some of GO's outlying overnight yards are quite accessible to tresspassers - two - Georgetown and Lincolnville - double as stations.
Even so, that's a very rare sighting.

Some of GO's outlying overnight yards are quite accessible to tresspassers - two - Georgetown and Lincolnville - double as stations.
Even so, that's a very rare sighting.
Hamilton GO Centre is easily accessible as well, mind you they only park a few trainsets overnight.

Lincolnville is rather isolated, i doubt there are many taggers roaming farmers fields at night.

Two of the worst locations for cars/trains getting tagged are Lincolnville and the Henry St. Yard, immediately west of Whitby Station and also quite isolated.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Metrolinx must be good at clearing up the tags quickly, as I have never seen grafitti on an in-service car, either as a passenger or seeing one outside. It must be extremely rare.

Interesting.

@blissblogs
Transport Minister refuses to say whether popular all-day GOtrain service will retrn 2 Niagara this yr. Being pressed during Qperiod #onpoli

Difficult to know if this guy understands what was being asked and what was the answer. Was the question whether all-day/everyday service will be launched, or will the limited Fri-Sun service return?

Difficult to know if this guy understands what was being asked and what was the answer. Was the question whether all-day/everyday service will be launched, or will the limited Fri-Sun service return?

Maybe he just doesn't have the information from MTO handy. The last thing you want is to say one thing and then, oops, turns out that's not true.

Maybe he just doesn't have the information from MTO handy. The last thing you want is to say one thing and then, oops, turns out that's not true.

Isn't it, kinda, the job of the transport minister to know what is going on at MTO....don't they, you know, report to him?

Back