News   May 13, 2024
 213     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 615     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 655     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Really packed on LSW today even with the 15 minute service to/from Oakville as of this weekend
I got on a train heading to Union today, it seems like some trips there is a lot of space still and it was a train that came from Aldershot. It was fun to zoom by all the Gardiner traffic once again after a while but knowing that there’s an actual cause of lane closures on it does hit different.

The 10 car Kitchener weekend trains are definitely needed, but even then every single coach was overstuffed to the door to the point where the accessibility coach was almost like that. But the CSA did their best at getting people not to block the doors and to find another coach. The yellow strip went off twice and for both times there was no need for medical emergency. Also another thing, I saw about 6 people literally cross the tracks to reach the Kitchener train which is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Directly relating to my last post…

1714514152135.png

I saw someone commenting on how this video is racist. I'm not sure I agree. It seems like there has been quite an influx of people who are not well attuned to the norms of behaviour in Canada. That said, we have long had the odd person, people of all different backrgounds, crossing the tracks contrary to safety rules.

I saw someone commenting on how this video is racist. I'm not sure I agree. It seems like there has been quite an influx of people who are not well attuned to the norms of behaviour in Canada. That said, we have long had the odd person, people of all different backrgounds, crossing the tracks contrary to safety rules.
6ixbuzztv knows exactly what they're doing posting a video showing people breaking rules who all ~just happen~ to be of the same race. They don't offer anything of value or journalistic when posting it, just put it out there as "what do you think? 😇" content -- being perfectly okay with stoking division and people leaving racist comments on the video. Their entire m.o. is thriving on rage-bait content and the barrage of awful opinions it attracts.

6ixbuzztv knows exactly what they're doing posting a video showing people breaking rules who all ~just happen~ to be of the same race. They don't offer anything of value or journalistic when posting it, just put it out there as "what do you think? 😇" content -- being perfectly okay with stoking division and people leaving racist comments on the video. Their entire m.o. is thriving on rage-bait content and the barrage of awful opinions it attracts.
Without knowing that my initial thoughts as a white viewer was oh look how busy it is. Oh wait it seems to be a lot of not white people. And they’re all crossing the tracks. Now I’ve crossed the tracks multiple times in my life. But the way it was filmed and titled made me think it was someone’s slick way of being racist. But maybe it’s just a coincidence. The information you are providing changes things.

Thanks to the Meta news ban, they’re the major “news” source in Toronto on Instagram.

Without knowing that my initial thoughts as a white viewer was oh look how busy it is. Oh wait it seems to be a lot of not white people. And they’re all crossing the tracks. Now I’ve crossed the tracks multiple times in my life. But the way it was filmed and titled made me think it was someone’s slick way of being racist. But maybe it’s just a coincidence. The information you are providing changes things.

To be fair, I don't think this was an attempt to be racist.

I do think though that it should have been handled differently. Personally I would have loved to seen everyone crossing the tracks dragged out in handcuffs.

To be fair, I don't think this was an attempt to be racist.

I do think though that it should have been handled differently. Personally I would have loved to seen everyone crossing the tracks dragged out in handcuffs.
my mother in law has her radio constantly on a US christian radio channel. Once a day someone tells the news. It is super monotone. Almost as if it is neutral. However if you listen closely you will hear the subtle digs of the left while ignoring things of the right. One day I made my wife listen. She would have listened before but this time pay attention. Its not obvert but there is no denying they are trying to appear neutral yet at the same time pushing you to vote right. That is similar to this post. Try to appear neutral yet at the same time be racist.

my mother in law has her radio constantly on a US christian radio channel. Once a day someone tells the news. It is super monotone. Almost as if it is neutral. However if you listen closely you will hear the subtle digs of the left while ignoring things of the right. One day I made my wife listen. She would have listened before but this time pay attention. Its not obvert but there is no denying they are trying to appear neutral yet at the same time pushing you to vote right. That is similar to this post. Try to appear neutral yet at the same time be racist.

Fair.

I am just adhering to the letter of the law "Crossing Station tracks is not only dangerous but illegal" so to speak.

If crossing tracks is illegal, they should be hauled out in handcuffs and dealt with accordingly. I don't care if you are white, brown, black or yellow. The law applies the same regardless of ethnicity.

I don't play favorites or coddle people.

my mother in law has her radio constantly on a US christian radio channel. Once a day someone tells the news. It is super monotone. Almost as if it is neutral. However if you listen closely you will hear the subtle digs of the left while ignoring things of the right.
Sounds just like Newstalk 1010.

I know that all of these Toronto based pages on IG (and other social media to an extent) have one agenda in mind for this one particular race. Wish it really didn’t have to come to using 6ixbuzz but they were the only big ones at the time who had footage of this. I meant to just show that people were crossing the tracks in general which imo is ridiculous, unsafe, and illegal, and it had absolutely nothing to do with race at all.

Back